Things you've done that no one else you know has done

Welcome!!

Were you in the volcano in an attempt to appease some sort of god?

4 Likes

1 - that sounds awesome…:fire:

2- welcome to the cul…. Community! :+1:

5 Likes

very cool, and welcome!

5 Likes

Welcome aboard, @Minavare!

4 Likes

You can add “submitting your first post to this forum in this thread” as something no one else has done. :tada:

Welcome!

7 Likes

My wife would ask where the oath was before she walked in the door if she got the chance.

And welcome, @Minavare!

5 Likes

But does this oath gain your access to the Pnakotic Manuscripts, or De Vermis Mysteriis? Or Olaus Wormius’s banned Latin translation of The Necronomicon?

(Why yes, I am in the middle of a re-read of Lovecraft’s fiction. Why do you ask?)

5 Likes

Answering that would violate the oath.

3 Likes

I put applesauce on my pizza! But there was a reason. I was a kid.

But there was another reason too. My mom used to make those Chef Boyardee pizzas from a box –

e0e1ffed31753f47bf3f085f96a9bed6

Fresh out of the oven, the tomato sauce used on those things was scalding hot. I suppose one could wait several minutes for the topping to cool down, but what kid has time to wait, especially when there is pizza involved? Solution: Apply a generous amount of refrigerated applesauce. The cool applesauce balanced out the hot tomato sauce during the chewing process. Plus the added sweet fruitiness complemented the pepperoni (we always got the pepperoni version) nicely. Plus, it’s a sauce, so it was meant to go on top of other things – why not pizza?

Alas, my culinary innovation failed to catch on (oh, if only we had TikTok back then, I coulda been a star!) and I know of no one else who has done this.

6 Likes

It sounds better than pineapple!

5 Likes

Well, I like pineapple on pizza too. But I draw the line at rhubarb!

2 Likes

I used to LOVE these Chef Boyardee pizzas as a kid!

I never put applesauce on a pizza, but I did put soy sauce on Cheerios.

4 Likes

I’ve written some symphonies.

14 Likes

Can we hear one?

3 Likes

Here’s a link to the most recent one (you can be the judge of quality): https://erinyvetteharoldsen.bandcamp.com/album/nightflowers

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll try to remember to listen to it tomorrow.