This is new to me: THE HUMANOIDS

Has anyone seen this?

https://youtu.be/OUOsqkn7IDI

3 Likes

OMG, that movie looks great !

Another Italian Star Wars knock-off from back in the day, I see. The similarities are quite obvious here.

Interestingly, director Aldo Lado was credited as “George B. Lewis” for the English version. :thinking:

1 Like

And a few years back he sold LewisFilm to Dizzly for over four dollars.

1 Like

Oh, that’s The Humanoid.

I thought it might be Creation of the Humanoids, which I thought I would see last horror season (on AMC). But despite getting a full billing on their schedule, it was just some 5 minute excerpt. Looks like both are on the YouTubes, though. :+1:

— vs —

3 Likes

Yeah I thought it was Creation of the Humanoids at first too. I’d almost suggest a separate thread to discuss that one but it would be pretty short because nothing happens. I mean, there’s a plot, certainly, but as I recall (and I don’t want to revisit it to confirm) at some point I was thinking “wait a second, are there only like five scenes in this entire movie?”

I don’t feel like either of these would be good MST3K fodder. Creation because so little happens, and with The Humanoid there’s only so many times you can say “hey this is like that moment in Star Wars” before it gets waaaaayyy old. I haven’t seen it but I think it would be interesting to watch, just not good for riffing.

3 Likes

I’m a big fan of Creation of the Humanoids it’s one of those movies I feel should be remade with some story editing and decent special effects.

The seed of a good story is there

1 Like

I have not seen it, but I need to, preferably with two wisecracking robots talking over the top of it.

1 Like