THIS IS NOT A DRILL, This is your OPEN THREAD: Season 13 of MST3K officially begins TONIGHT at 5pm PT / 8pm ET!

blasts reveille on a vuvuzela

6 Likes

So basically I should choose the one on the right?

7 Likes

That’s correct - that’s the livestream that’ll have the aftershow attached to it!

3 Likes

Just double checking!

5 Likes

No worries at all - cheers!

3 Likes

The best part about a thread full of spoiler tags is that you can post any insane nonsense you want from the movie and no one who sees it will believe you because it’s not spoiler tagged.

For example, the best part of this movie is when Santo kills Dracula’s guardian ice dragon.

Does that really happen?

It is impossible to know.

Sticking stuff between spoiler tags makes the entire thread into Schroedinger’s…uh…movie.

We’re creating a whole quantum superposition of truth and fiction that will eventually collapse into Santo in the Treasure of Dracula and it’s SUCH A GOOD MOVIE YOU GUYS, HOLY SMOKES.

This season is just the best.

6 Likes

I just hope this season grants us a film with an ending tune just as bizarre as the one for Cry Wilderness.

5 Likes

Now remember, you ARE allowed to bring snacks, but there’s a two scoop limit on ice cream, vegetable toppings ONLY, and NO BOWLS. Ardy is terrified of bowls

In addition, the Pizza Poppa always gets paid, so order the chicken marsala pizza balls with EXTRA gravy

2 Likes

Takes a quick check at my Video Fridge. Still pleased at all I have…

Alright, time to take my seat up in the Kingadome!

2 Likes

Watched The Crawling Eye last night in preparation, then Final Sacrifice today to prepare myself. We bribed the supervisor with a stromboli to let us stream in the warehouse again after last week’s fiasco. No wrestling allowed though and that disappoints me greatly.

6 Likes

But will @mattmcg22 remember to take himself off mute at the start of the Aftershow?

3 Likes

You ever think about how if a Lovecraftian monstrosity wanted to build a devoted cult of worshippers who would help it spread madness and break down the walls between what’s real and what’s surreal it would give itself an innocuous name and convince a bunch of people that watching terrible, nonsensical movies while barely visible robot puppets chant a stream of consciousness series of jokes and references was smart and fun?

Because sometimes I think about that.

And then I watch Werewolf again.

4 Likes

Woooo! Will :white_circle: White Dot :white_circle: make another appearance? Golly gee, I can only hope! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

5 Likes

Forgetting to take yourself off mute is a mark of Ultra Coolness.

3 Likes

Welp. Here comes the jazzy music again.

4 Likes

It’s hard for me to describe the feeling right now… I’ve been so invested in the future of this show. It’s really important to me…

I watched a bit of the final version of Santo early today and many of my concerns seemed to have been taken seriously and improved… I am so grateful.

I just hope the public sees it the same way and we get to S14. Jonah deserves 100+ episodes like joel and mike… emily does too.

We have to make this work… Yes we currently have Rifftrax and The Mads are back… but for how long?

Hoping for the best… I want to believe this show has a future again… today is make or break.

I love y’all.

9 Likes

That’s what makes @mattmcg22 the Miles Davis of this crew.

4 Likes

30 Rock Yes GIF by ADWEEK

3 Likes

clear string this time?

2 Likes