This Odd House

For the first installment, let’s take a look at this oddity.

5 Likes

So much white in the kitchen!

1 Like

Ok, besides the obvious… holy heck that’s a lot of red brick for a building anywhere but an old section of a midwest city…

That house may have the most tight/claustrophobic kitchen I’ve ever seen in a house larger than 3000sqft??? I mean… The photos makes it look smaller than the kitchen in my 1-bedroom apartment I had when I was in school???

2 Likes

“Please make sure the entrance to the home is on a different level from EVERY ROOM IN THE HOME. I love stairs and expect to have perfectly functioning leg joints my entire life.”

4 Likes

At least it’s not yet another boring Mock Turtle Tudor.

2 Likes

That looks like an eldritch nightmare. Or a film set. Either works.

2 Likes

Looks like they started to build a church, ran out of money and decided to just make it a house instead.

Must get hotter than hell in a Texas summer. The price is right, though.

4 Likes

My stepsister uses a wheelchair and finding a house to buy that doesn’t leave her fuming on the sideway is so infuriating. Our current place is pretty good about it but it eliminates at least 60% of the housing market, way more if I want a main-level guest/bath.

So this house is super cute! Good location, clean, updated appliances. I wonder why it’s still on the market two months later? OH YEAH BECAUSE IT’S $1.45M for 975 SQUARE FEET

Okay I promise my next post will be a weird house and not just a ludicrously expensive one.

3 Likes

That’s a shame cuz it IS adorable. Good ol’ California…

2 Likes

Okay @TheLurker did you find this house on McMansionHell.com? Because I literally cracked my knuckles and went “OP wants to talk about some WEIRD houses, I am ARMED and ready for this conversation” and pulled up McMansionHell’s blog…only to find that exact house as their most recent post :rofl:

2 Likes

Found it on Twitter shortly before it was posted there.

1 Like

This house has flags.

Some people stage their home for real estate photos. And some people cannot be bothered to throw away the used Jack in the Box cups first:

It’s a gorgeous house though. I would buy it.

2 Likes

Only previously owned by a small militia who used it primarily for training weekends.

3 Likes

I just wonder if the person who sleeps in the all-pink room with the dollhouse picked our her own flag, or…?

Anyway I spend was too much time looking at houses so I’ll have something better soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

$600,000 is a crazy low price for that house and property.

2 Likes

If you want odd, look for those slivers of land that nobody can build on but you can have for only $500. A 1x100 foot strip between two houses? Where do I sign?

2 Likes

Here it is, everyone. Tulsa’s famous “Jetson House.”

6 Likes

…what?

1 Like

That can’t be real wood planks on the ceiling, right? That’s got to be vinyl sheeting, right? Right? Also cringing at what it would probably cost to replace/repair the blinds on those cyclorama windows :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes

That is amazing and the best part is IT HAS AN ELEVATOR.

Since I’m always looking for wheelchair accessible houses anything with an elevator instantly goes on my shortlist. Even if it’s in Oklahoma :smiley:

6 Likes