This Odd House

My mom bought a house with a wet bar. It is now filled with boxes as a storage closet. Because who really needs such a thing most of the time?

2 Likes

If you’re rich enough to own a house like that, you probably entertain a lot whether you like it or not.

2 Likes

I could spend all day in a room like that. Maybe replace the whole bar set up with room for board/tabletop games.

2 Likes

Yes, exactly. Or the set of a horror movie, or a thriller about a guy leading a cult.

3 Likes

All I’m gonna say is: of course this is in Ohio

4 Likes

I have enough medical issues that I sometimes feel like I live in a doctor’s office, but that’s ridiculous.

3 Likes

I don’t get the price history of that medical building, 3 months ago it’s price was just under $60K and now it’s $300K?

To turn that into a livable home would probably take more than $100K worth of remodeling, there’s no kitchen, no showers or bathtubs. Looks like it’s built on a slab so adding drains means tearing up lots of concrete floors…

While typing that I noticed the listing says 2.0 baths, that is wrong, without any tubs or showers those are 2 half baths, so 0.55 baths?

3 Likes

Wow, a four-poster bed? My doctor’s office just has one of those lame recliners with a roll of kleenex on it.

3 Likes

Really?

4 Likes

Umm …

5 Likes

Not even an attempt to make it all match or look good. All this furniture looks like it came from somebody’s nan’s house

Apparently, two half baths does not equal even one whole bath

3 Likes

I would love to see video of the movers from the real estate office showing up to stage a doctors office as a house. Imagine setting up those beds while telling filthy jokes about having a sink in every bedroom…

2 Likes

Several of these houses seem to have something.0 bathrooms, but I’m really looking for one that has 3.14159265359 bathrooms.

4 Likes

No no, that’s pi with a long “eye” sound. You’re thinking of the other thing.

5 Likes

Poi?

4 Likes

I turned mine into storage as well, for paint, glue, drills, sandpaper, etc…

5 Likes

The bar that was in our house when we bought it was used to record storage. When we remodeled that room to expand our media storage capacity, the bar got moved out to the garage for garage storage.

3 Likes

When we finished our basement, we could have made a wet bar, but that would have required plumbing and there’s a bathroom ten steps away. Not worth the extra hassle, since all I do is get water for making ice there.

2 Likes

Normal house, beautifully staged, except…

Hello!??

2 Likes

Umm …

You know the realtor had the biggest face palm when they saw that.

3 Likes