This Odd House

I’ve submitted at least one house here that doesn’t have railings.

2 Likes

I like the suggestion in the comments that it was a converted firehouse and the poles were removed (sorry, Ray).

4 Likes

Best explanation for why the one floor just has a railing pit in the middle of it for seemingly no good reason.

2 Likes

I preferred the murder hole explanation.

6 Likes

So many options for marionette shows!

2 Likes

The amount of cheese in this house…

3 Likes

The interior decorating is … something. A lot of chrome and glass and everything just looks hard. The layout is weird, and I think that kitchen is the size of my house!

Heating and cooling are geothermal which I guess is nice. I’ve never dealt with a geothermal system to know how reliable they are. The fact it’s on a septic tank raises questions.

2 Likes

Yeah, the kitchen just keeps going… and going… and going… there are major restaurants with less kitchen space.

2 Likes

It’s a three bedroom home with room for each bedroom occupant to have separate, well-attended parties of their own at the same time. What kind of rich people parties are they having in Oklahoma is what I want to know.

2 Likes

3 bars, a gym, massive kitchen with 2 or 3 of everything, so it has room for a hundred guests but none can stay the night.

3 Likes

And the problem is what exactly? :laughing:

6 Likes

Makes me think the house is set up just so the owner can say the classic line “You don’t have to go home but you can’t stay here.”

3 Likes

You don’t want to buy a house that requires a monthly shipment of an entire tanker of Mop ‘N’ Glo?

3 Likes

All these chic people seem to want houses that are all white inside. That would be hell for me. I want dark wood, dark panelling, dark furniture. Someplace that looks like you could live there and not just take pictures of it.

4 Likes

But the only reason for anything is to put pictures of it online!

Conversation selfie!

1 Like

This is the aesthetic that Delia Deets was going for in Beetlejuice. Yikes.

3 Likes

I take it none of them have dogs with all that white.

1 Like

Well, I think part of the reason for the “all white” look is that it conveys that “yes, I am rich enough to keep something this white clean on a regular basis.”

3 Likes

Hey, 17000sf home in Oklahoma, the 1980’s called!

They said “you know what, keep it”

3 Likes

Well at least they get the informed of a disaster part out of the way quickly …

And yet they still want $1.5 MILLION for it!!!

2 Likes