This Odd House

That looks less like a waterfall and more like someone punctured a waterbed (remember those?).

9 Likes

I’m sorry, but in most cases, I want water outside of the house!

2 Likes

Indoor plumbing is just a fad… :smiling_imp:

Sorry, had to, they made me say it…

3 Likes

Love it! :laughing:

I did quantify it with “in most cases” :crazy_face: Perhaps it should be…

“I’m sorry, but outside of pipes in the walls, I want water on the outside of the house”

Whaddya think, sirs?

5 Likes

All I know is, if I were a dude, I would definitely be peeing off the end of the bed at 3am.

Sorry, but it’s true

3 Likes

You think someone hasn’t already done that? LOL!

2 Likes

I’m assuming the guy who built it did!

On another topic… I’ve always loved the idea of buying a church and living in it. High ceilings, open floorplan, and most churches are in residential areas and already have a kitchen, bathrooms, and at least a few separate enclosed rooms. So I googled “churches for sale in WI” (because I dream of moving back there) and HOLY SCHNIKES.

For $600k, you get 8300 sf of red brick building:

enormous red brick church with a crenellated tower

Out of your price range? for $425k, there’s this 14,000sf church in Racine:

Or my personal favorite, for $625k in Beloit, Wisconsin: THIRTY THOUSAND SQUARE FEET

3 Likes

There was a church in the town where I grew up that was turned into apartments. I would love to know what they looked like.

3 Likes

So, when do you want to pool together funds to get one of those for us?

1 Like

I just think it’s neat!

2 Likes

This long-empty church around the corner from my old house got converted into condos a few years ago. I’ve only been in one unit, but it was surprisingly well designed
https://chasmarchitecture.com/projects/historic-lizzie-chapel-flats-historic-rehabilitation/

1 Like

We can put at least 20 of us in the big one, so we only need like $32k each! I call dibs on the tall tower though :smiley:

For comparison, here’s what $675k will get you in my county

A 905 sf apartment :sob:

2 Likes

Not really odd, but …

It’s the ultimate Talledega Nights collectible: Ricky Bobby’s house, now with more gold leaf, 2-pew chapel and panic room!

3 Likes

Don’t be alarmed by any late-night piano music you hear… it’s just the ghost of Liberace. (No, he didn’t live here… this is just where he ended up after he died.)

I do kind of like the bar area. And that awesome chess set.

3 Likes

I’m confused why all the teeveees are showing the WB or Universal logos, instead of just a blank screen.

3 Likes

Probably makes for a more dynamic photo.

It’s a beautiful house, some nice bits, but all a bit to froo-froo for me.

3 Likes

Ugh.

More proof that taste = 1/budget

4 Likes

“I don’t want to live in a house so much as a B&B that spent too much on bedspreads.”

2 Likes

That large chess set was confusing me, then I just realized it was set up by someone that doesn’t know how to play chess.

2 Likes

WARNING: Eye-popping doesn’t begin to cover it.

3 Likes