THIS POST IS FULL OF TURTLE MEAT: Come join your GAMERA VS GUIRON Open Thread for tonight's tribute event!

Tonight, at 8pm ET / 5pm PT, join us in the Kingadome for the premiere of a BRAND NEW SHORT, featuring our beloved Joel Robinson, “Sleep for Health!”

Then, for this MEGA MONSTER MONTH tribute episode, giant turtle Gamera and inexplicably knife-headed Guiron meet on the field of battle, while two plucky kids fight off creepy aliens who want to eat their brains, in GAMERA VS GUIRON.

Then, stick around for a special screening of “So Happy Together: A Look Back At MST3K and Gamera,” a documentary featurette originally included in the Gamera DVD set.

Please note: the JACKBOX SHOWDOWN that was announced to follow this tribute show has been rescheduled, and will now be a standalone event on either JULY 26 or JULY 27. Your ticket for this event will also give you access to the live showdown!

Finally, your preshow question: why are we worried about murder hornets when there are train-hopping giant meningitis snails invading?? Discuss.

11 Likes

Tonight, we ALL believe in Gamera.

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :smiley:

6 Likes

Gamera: Really Neat!

Meningitis Snails: Not So Much!

Why can’t we be invaded by some of these instead? And maybe a herd of Pushmi-Pullyus?

51FPQLOYbkL

6 Likes

@Lesley just a heads up to pass to @ivan, people are reporting that Crow is telling them they don’t have a ticket. Not sure if something needs to be reset on the Virtual Theater side or not.

6 Likes

[sighs]

[breaks out the bubble wrap suit of armor once more]

6 Likes

So excited for a new big tribute and all the extras included! Let’s rock!

3 Likes

A new short! Hi-Keeba!!

3 Likes

Tonight it’s a whole lotta turtles!

2 Likes

DeadWelldocumentedCrossbill-max-1mb

Reload and try it now? Should be working!

8 Likes

Danny Husk to the rescue!

3 Likes

Can confirm: It works now. Thanks!

3 Likes

When I first heard of Gamera, I thought: “wait. I thought the only turtle kids love was this thing.”

3 Likes

If I could make a request for the Jackbox livestream: could it be July 27? Mary Jo Pehl has a new episode of the Mary Jo Pehl Show on July 26.

We don’t want conflicting MSTie events.

5 Likes

We are aware and yes, we’re aiming for the 27th if possible! Thanks for mentioning it, though.

8 Likes

Anybody remember that one scene where the kids ate and drank the donuts and miluk?

1 Like

I can get into the Kingadome now as well, w00t!

Maddest props to Ivan and company for making it happen!

4 Likes

While we wait, how about some delicious Mock Turtle Soup? (shared this on YouTube but it has a better shot at post posterity here)

Courtesy of Montgomery Wards Electric Cookery (c1940) –

Simmer in deep-well until meat can be pulled from bone: 2 qts. Water, 1 Veal Bone with Meat

Remove meat from bone and cut into small cubes. Add to broth: Diced Meat, 1 C. Catsup, 2 hard cooked Eggs finely diced

Thicken with: 3/4 C. Flour

Simmer 10 minutes

When ready to serve add: 1 Lemon and rind, chopped very fine

1 Like

Today was definitely…mixed. WP slapped a site ban on me, but I did get to see Thor 4: The Fourth Thor Adventures of Thor

:notes:Mighty Morphin Fosthor Cancers :notes:

1 Like

Always!

2 Likes