THIS POST IS FULL OF TURTLE MEAT: Come join your GAMERA VS GUIRON Open Thread for tonight's tribute event!

I don’t think I’ve ever made it to the end of the episode. …err maybe once. I can’t wait!

1 Like

Thanks!

2 Likes

This is my first off-episode tribute. Didn’t even rent any of them afterward. I’ve only attended new episodes so far

2 Likes

You are in for a TREAT. :smiley:

Opinions are gonna vary all over the board, but for me? This is my favorite of the Gamera episodes.

(Although Gamera Vs. Jiger could very well change that, just as The Loves of Hercules unseated Hercules Unchained as my favorite Herc episode!)

Here’s hoping you dig it!

5 Likes

Guys, I’m sorry; I can’t make it to the livestream tonight. I have to get ready and pack for a long trip tomorrow. :sob:

I’ll miss you guys! Throw in a few riffs for me please!!!

4 Likes

Take care, safe travels, and all the best to ya, @Brina!

3 Likes

Also my favorite Gamera episode (so far).

3 Likes

The movie’s just so gleefully and screamingly bizarre, and that gives the riffers so much pure rocket fuel to take flight with.

Gaos and Zigra are pretty sharp too, though!

2 Likes

I should say it was because I’ve been too tired every time, not from disinterest.

2 Likes

Here’s to it being a most excellent time, then - cheers!

1 Like

You guys think the aliens put something so sussy in those donuts and miluk?

1 Like

This is just about my all-around favorite episode ever. Cornjob will be blamed.

1 Like

It explains so much about my neighbors lately…
Futurama brain slug

ernestbiak

Authentic Bulgarian miak?

1 Like

THAT CORNJOB SONG :smiley:

But yeah, it’s an episode that has so much going for it.

It feels like the existence of the Gamera theme song throughout the host segments helps to elevate the episod eto a whole other level.

2 Likes

I like this one fine, but Barugon is still my favorite, and the one I’d be most likely to get through without riffs. Others complain that Gamera himself isn’t in it enough so it’s barely even his film. But I personally appreciate the lack of annoying little kids.

2 Likes

I rarely go back to the Gamera movies, so other than the image from the promos for tonight that remind me what Guiron looks like, I have no clue what happens in this one.

TBH, this month is going to be a little difficult for me with so much Gamera. Biggest complaint about the original run (and why I rarely go back to those episodes) is too much Gamera in too short of a time.

3 Likes

He’s coming home…

He’s coming home…

Gamera’s coming home…

2 Likes

I wonder if the 90s trilogy is too much to ask for in a future season.

2 Likes

Never say never!

1 Like