Thwarting things that are in the offing

Just don’t take away my Cap’n Crunch

4 Likes

You’re safe around me. Unless it’s granola I won’t get in anyone’s way.

4 Likes

Oh my gosh, when my son was a toddler he came into the living room with this thing he’d made out of legos and it started to disintegrate in his hands while he was showing it to us and he shouted

“Oh no, something is happening to everything!”

and I think those words every day now.

5 Likes

Although I was led to believe I would be offered drugs on the regular in my teenage years. Maybe it is just because I am uncool, but I was never offered any drugs until my college years.

4 Likes

We pretty much stuck to booze when I was a teenager.

3 Likes

I was never offered all the free drugs they kept telling us about either, and somehow the threat of teenage pregnancy was about as real a concern to me in my youth as the Death Star appearing on the horizon was.

I feel cheated.

Sort of.

3 Likes

I still like to use “meddling,” from the immortal phrase “you meddling kids!”

4 Likes

That is the official subtitle of the 2020’s.

4 Likes

I grew up as an army brat overseas so a lot of my cultural touchstones from the 80s are wildly out of step with everyone else my age.

AFRTS PSA’s were a trip. I still think about the terrifying car safety commercial where the guy in the passenger seat slowly transforms into a clown, and I’ve never met anyone else who constantly has an acapella group singing “Be coooool about fiiiiire safety….BE COOL!” into their brain.

2 Likes

The weed really wasn’t very good anyway. Thankfully, Reagan pushed it all into people’s basements and created a legion of botanists, so it’s much better now.

4 Likes

1- Yes, several times.
2- Yes, I once had a girlfriend that was birdlike.
3- Only in my most pretensious times.
4- Hard times, aird soil, dust-bowl era.

2 Likes

Things that ensue:

• kickoffs
  • mayhem

and not much else.

1 Like

No one ever says pantomime. Sure, we all write it out a couple times a day and we all think it constantly…but we never say it out loud.

1 Like