Time Bubble Tour house music playlist!!

Hey friends! It’s been talked about in a couple other posts and it got a spotlight in the weekly backer update, but I thought maybe it deserved its own post so people can find it if they’re interested.

The Spotify playlist for the house music played during pre-show and intermission of the MST3K Live Time Bubble Tour can be found here! Hand-assembled by the cast and myself for your enjoyment/judgment.

And just to confess my musical sins up top, yes - all four songs by The Beths were added by me because I couldn’t choose which one I liked best. I make no apologies - they’re all great and maybe some power-pop from New Zealand is just what you need right now.

EDIT: posting this again because my first attempt crashed ALL OF SPOTIFY

12 Likes

My partner and I listened to this a bunch last week and had great fun trying to guess who was responsible for each track.

We did not guess you were the source of The Beths, Tim.

4 Likes

Props for including “Mean Green Mother From Outerspace”! I was just singing that in my kitchen the other day.

Good list, just needs some Three Dog Night.

:musical_keyboard: the world is black, the world is white… :musical_keyboard:

4 Likes

The Beths and any neo-East Coast soul (Lawrence, Melt, Sammy Rae and Friends) was me! Plus Phoebe Bridgers. That’s a pretty good encapsulation of what I’m listening to at the moment!

Also, that’s a very fun game!

2 Likes

Now, the real question is, who added “gimme some money”? My gut says Nate’s the Spinal Tap fan, but it could probably be anyone.

4 Likes

I think you nailed that one! Although we’re all big Spinal Tap fans, I believe that specific song was his suggestion.

4 Likes

Out of all of the songs in the playlist, I only 2…
And those are: Scatman, and Baker Street.

1 Like

Oh man, nice playlist. If my mom hears “Grace Kelly” at the live show she’s gonna flip. It’s one of her favorite songs.

2 Likes

I guess “Satellite of Love” was to on the nose

2 Likes

I recreated the Spotify list on YouTube Music for anyone wishing to listen to it there.

5 Likes

Hey thanks!

2 Likes