Time Was Different

Either Joel or Mike (forget which) was described at one point as a “shallow post-Boomer.”

1 Like

Lol. Yep. It was Joel. Because of that riff, I took it for granted for years that he was, chronologically, part of X.

(But I forgive him. :smiley: )

1 Like

(removing the content since @MichaelRobertson fixed the original images)

1 Like

Original posts just need a quick title edit and SCHPLURNT! the images are back.

Where did you find those?

I have access to Newspapers.com myself which I use for research; I tend to search through older papers from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 1990s. Is that the site you use?

2 Likes

I don’t know where they got those newspaper clips from, but I’ve heard that the building code is under fire.

2 Likes

:brain: !!

The…Internet?

It was actually really annoying. IIRC, I found a site that had free archives for Southern California (the San Bernardino Sun and one of the Palm Springs area newspapers) when I was responding to What would you do with a billion dollars and a banker’s salary? and I just used that again.

1 Like

No new petitions for tax, though. Slow news day.

3 Likes

That’s what happens when people wash their building code with gasoline. When will they learn?

2 Likes

Why don’t they look?

1 Like

I’ll bet there’s a world without wars or traffic accidents.

2 Likes

I think some molds really should have been barred.

1 Like

It’s a whole section in the Gallery of Regrettable Foods.
https://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/jello/index.html

1 Like

I regret nothing!

2 Likes

Neither do I, but for entirely different reasons!

1 Like

My mom once had a ‘50s party’ where she recreated a lot of the foods from when she was a teenager and one of them was ‘chicken in aspic,’ which is basically chicken soup in Jell-O form. It wasn’t too bad believe it or not.

3 Likes

I’m honestly impressed by that!

1 Like

Oh, yeah, it’s 100% impressive[1].

1. horrifying ↩︎

I’ve got a couple of his books :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually, it was ‘shallow pose boomer’, which is beatnik slang.

2 Likes