Tips for the Hopelessly single...And General Romance stuff :)

You know, I’ve been trying to do this for months… for some reason people haven’t been interested in interest groups or group activities since, oh, I dunno, 2020-ish.

5 Likes

Yeah… the current End Times adds a wrinkle.

6 Likes

Don’t you mean “fillip”?

3 Likes

Show a little initiative, man! A spree killing is just the thing spruce up your dating resumé!

4 Likes

Not that depserate :).

closest I get to initiative these days is asking about people in MST3K email photo updates ;o). would have dated a few on that philly cast just by look alone ;). including emily’s ‘clone’ :).

4 Likes

Wow it’s like I’m reading my own biography. Nice to actually “meet” someone with the same feelings as me, ostensibly I knew they were out there but one can’t help feeling a bit alone til they pass somebody in the same kind of boat lol

And @Shredder565 perhaps that’s a consolation in and of itself; that you are not the only one “hopelessly single” on here. My sister is dating a fella she’s been friends with since they were young, my best friend is all but engaged to my Ex (significant only in that he was the first and only person I’ve ever dated, even though I broke it off after a couple months), and I went on one solitary blind Zoom date during the pandemic that went about as well as expected (in your quest for tips, here’s one: don’t do blind Zoom dates. If at all avoidable :upside_down_face:). So yeah, lately have not been feeling the love; everybody seems to have somebody who fell right into their laps, while I am lucky if a p*rn-bot account tries to slide into my DMs. El oh el oh well :sweat_smile: But I do find some solace knowing it’s not just me, and in fact has never just been me. You deserve extra care and attention when you’re single, in my opinion, not because you’re pitiable but because single people don’t always have the network of support that couples might have. So don’t be hard on yourself and don’t forget that you’re not alone.

My tip is to cultivate love in other areas. Deepen your friendships, spend more time with people important to you, maybe even reach out to spread kindness in your community. It’s not the same as romantic love but it sure feels good and can keep the loneliness at bay most days, for me. And it reminds me that I’m still doing alright and people still care about me, even if I am an unattached agent. <3

15 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

6 Likes

What if, Instead of finding a female date, you made female friends. With no reason but to learn how to open up a bit, and have more people to talk to in order to help with the loneliness. And then, perhaps, one female friend who you open up to, sees the real you under the shell, and she wants to have a date, then another, then another.

4 Likes

The way Idiocracy has become graphically prophetic, I’m glad to be single and socially distanced. As this man once said, “Sooner or later I rub everybody the wrong way.”

Yell John Carpenter GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

5 Likes

Yes, it is nice. I figure that my feelings might change at some point, but this has been how I’ve felt for a very long time. When I was in high school, I copied my friends in talking about having crushes on boys but I really didn’t. I had friends who were boys and I went to some dances with them, but not as anything but friends.

Regardless, knowing that other people have the same feelings is really nice. About 10 years ago, I read a little bit about asexuality but I wasn’t really sure if that was genuinely how I’d describe myself.

4 Likes

Same here. After some reading I relate to some of it, but hesitate to label myself. I prefer to keep my mind open to the possibilities haha

5 Likes

If all else fails, there’s always B3K.

2 Likes

that is advice I learned fast in highschool :). the more time I spend with women, the more comfortable you are to be around t hem :). developed lots of friendships through it that still last to this day :). sadly, nothing else from it, but worth it all the same :).

4 Likes

Be confident even if you arent. Act like you already have a girlfriend even though you dont, not in terms of lying to people about it, but just as a mindset. Once I was married more girls hit on me than ever, because I didnt reek of needing a girl. Also I put on some much needed weight/muscle. Lol If only Id listened to this advicd when I was single.

4 Likes

They call that “shake it till you bake it”.

2 Likes

Oh wow, I’m in the same boat, actually. So, you’re not alone in being forever alone. Speaking of boats, though… hell yeah, Captain Ron! Now he was good with the ladies.

Also, someone give me the Backer tag, please. :pensive:

3 Likes

It’s nice to know I’m not alone, at least :).

Today’s depressing moment. went into walgreens, saw many a cute lady I’d ask out by look alone, including one nurse, but knew it wouldn’t be a good idea :). I do think someone above, or below is toying with me :).

2 Likes

A prime Animaniacs pick up line opportunity squandered.

7 Likes

I tried that once on twitter. just in a joking manner. didn’t go over so well :).

4 Likes

It fails 99 out of 100 times. It’s the 100th prospect that’s a keeper.

6 Likes