That is a forking great idea.

4 Likes

Hamdinger is definitely the way to go.

Here’s some handy abbreviations

WTH - What the Hamdinger?
TFWH - The Flip with Hamdingers?
LMHAO - Laughing My HAmdingers Off!

7 Likes

You don’t want to go in there anytime soon. I just dropped a huge stinky hamdinger.

7 Likes

Ah, I get you mean lol.

3 Likes

Belgium is the rudest word in the universe, which is “completely banned in all parts of the Galaxy, except in one part, where they could not possibly know what it means.”

The reason the Earth has been shunned for so long is also due to a language problem. On Earth, Belgium refers to a small country. Throughout the rest of the galaxy, Belgium is the most unspeakably rude word there is.

—HHGTTG

13 Likes

Wasn’t familiar with the case. After thoroughly dissecting the word paleontology for any hidden filthy swears with no success—I looked it up.

In the event anyone else was similarly ignorant, here you go…

9 Likes

The Law of Unintended Consequences strikes again!

8 Likes

Well what do you expect from a species that would turn the horrors of cricket into a game.

6 Likes

I, for one, am shocked that the forum censored my use of the phrase “Cave Anüs” (minus the umlaut) over in the Petrified World fan-riffing thread.

Cave Butt. Apparently completely fine, though. :shushing_face:

4 Likes

That’s a heavy metal garage band, right?

12 Likes

Back when I had an office, we had a very relaxed culture. T-shirts with dinosaurs, shorts, swearing openly permitted. Occasionally I liked to throw in some non-swear-words just to mess with people who were more accustomed to hearing “fark” than not. Refer to someone as a “jack-wagon” and watch the reactions to some words they weren’t used to. I’m sure I had others but it’s been 18 months so I’m not remembering too many right now.

5 Likes

Anything is a dirty word if you try hard enough, ya lint licker.

12 Likes

@ColdStorage
Many moons ago, I worked for one of the big three gaming console outfits.

• Sega (Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast)?
  • NEC (TurboGrafix 16)?
  • SNK (Neo Geo series)?
  • Phillips partners (CDi)?
  • Atari (Jaguar)?
  • Nokia (N-Gage [and sidetalkin’!])?
  • Ouya?

Sorry, you’re going to have to be more specific. Many moons ago, two of the current big three weren’t even on the playing field yet. :grin:

It’s a similar situation with cell phones, interestingly enough.

4 Likes

Had the Sega and turbographics, heard of the jaguar, the others are mysteries to me. Also had an odyssey and intellivision but they didn’t make the list.

4 Likes

I left them off because then we’re talking about the pre-Atari 2600 implosion days, at which time even Nintendo wasn’t on the playing field, and ColecoVision was a thing.

3 Likes

Point taken, although most of those systems in the list couldn’t go online and wouldn’t have usernames or in-game chat and whatever. I only see two that sorta fit the bill.

“Big three” refers to the current big three.

3 Likes

Farfegnugen Pumpernickel Discourse

8 Likes

Is that for this topic, or for the Fake Band Names! topic? Because it totally belongs there! :+1:

7 Likes

I guarantee there is a whitelist for this somewhere as well as a blacklist to add custom words and I am so very glad I’m not the one to mind them.

That being said, WANKLE ROTARY ENGINE.

11 Likes