🦃 Today’s Turkey Day Vote is LIVE! 🦃 It's a race between THE HORROR OF PARTY BEACH and DADDY-O!

Hello again! Just to recap, thus far we’ve seen THE SKYDIVERS beat THE HELLCATS, WARRIOR OF THE LOST WORLD edge out TRACK OF THE MOON BEAST, and PARTS: THE CLONUS HORROR dominate over BEING FROM ANOTHER PLANET.

Today’s battle is between two episodes featuring rebellious youth and reckless driving, although one is markedly lower in sodium. Season eight episode HORROR OF PARTY BEACH jumps into the ring against DADDY-O. Want some? (I want an answer!)

Voting is on, so go go go!

As a reminder, your votes will be deciding four of the episodes we show in this year’s Turkey Day Marathon, in a single-elimination bracket battle to the death! Or at least to the next round of voting!

New votes will go up on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays by noon ET, and close out 36 hours later. And even when we get to your top four choices, we’ll keep voting anyway to declare a tournament winner.

10 Likes

I will always vote for Bruno VeSota.

8 Likes

He did make one hell of an aut-o-mo-beel.

Lu-CILLE!!

:accordion:

6 Likes

But Daddy-OH, who could ignore such touching dialogue like “I keep tellin you baby, if you was a man I’d knock your teeth out!”

Plus there is that man that was getting a rub-down with butter.

5 Likes

First time I’ve felt conflicted on choosing.

6 Likes

Daddy-O was featured once, Party Beach, never.

I like Daddy-O a lot, but Party Beach is a little extra special for me. I get non-stop laughs with that one. Plus, the “Mother Angelica is on!” riff cracks me up because my ma loved her, watched her show all the time. So, in honor of my mother, who passed last year…

:musical_note: Sodium, sodium, sodium :musical_note:

7 Likes

8 Likes

“Just give me the key, Pal.”

7 Likes

2 Likes

Oh man, I couldn’t vote on this one if I wanted to. Forum policy.

Oh, what the heck. I vote for… Daddy-O! No, wait, Party Beach! Ug, I’ve been on the losing end of every one of these so far, so does it matter?

Fine, Daddy-O, if only because I haven’t seen it as recently.

6 Likes

This is a tough one, both movies are rather pointless, but with Daddy-O we get the Alphabet Antics short as well. Naked Mike and his tiny swim trunks notwithstanding, the host segments aren’t particularly strong in either episode. Both have a musical host segment, and I am going with “Hike Your Pants Up” as more fun than “Sodium!”

So, to Horror of Party Beach I say "Couldn’t help ya if I wanted to, fella. Gym policy.”

I’m going with Daddy-O.

3 Likes

Mike as the almost blind gym guy is pretty funny.

8 Likes

This is gonna’ lead to a Frankfurter Crown being served for Thanksgiving dinner instead of turkey, isn’t it?

:grimacing: (Maybe I’ll just eat from the Carmen Miranda Robot Hat.)

4 Likes

Man, hard call this time. Horror just edges it out this time, but could have just as easily been Daddy. Another one where I’m perfect fine with either winning.

Everybody do The Zombie Stomp!

6 Likes

I’ve been going with voting for the episode I’ve watched less with the previous polls, but Horror of Party Beach was the episode that introduced me to MST3K, so it always has a special place for me. I even had my little sisters singing along to the “Sodium” song back in the day!

9 Likes

Daddy-O, obviously. I always sing the left side of the menu.

7 Likes

nooooo i totally missed that the voting for this year began!!! this is what i get for ignoring the forums for a couple of weeks :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Counterpoint:

I voted for Daddy-O because I need to reduce my sodium intake.

10 Likes

It just occurred to me that some of the movies that I’d have liked to see in these votes, not being in these votes, could indicate that they’ll be part of the Picks for November or December?

(Actually, there were multiple picks from this month that I either hadn’t seen before, or had seen so few times, I didn’t remember any of the episode content, that I would have voted for and probably would have been great Turkey Day episodes as well?)

Probably not, but … I’m going to go with that for now, so I can relax.

Actually, that would be an interesting data set to see? How many of the Picks/Selects so far have never been part of any Turkey Day, and how many haven’t been featured in any Turkey Day Marathons since 2017?

2022 has been an embarrassment of riches MST3K-wise, so I’m looking forward to all the new content we’ll hopefully get between Turkey Day Picks, (hopefully including some cool/fun/exciting announcements?) no matter what movies are picked as the final slate.

7 Likes