Today's laugh

Sometimes I pull up musicless videos if I need a quick pick me up. In case you need one too:

What’s your go to quick laugh?

20 Likes

My go-to is always funny animal videos. Kittens, dogs, cockatiels…all are great serotonin buttons. But this one might top them all:

6 Likes

The music! That was great.

3 Likes

If you need a midnight rabbit hole to dive into, Bill McClintock creates these fabulous video mash ups that are pretty genius. (and some are quite hilarious!)

12 Likes

I tend to go with this very strange classic.

5 Likes

This usually does it

6 Likes

This classic clip from the tv gameshow Catchphrase always slays me:

12 Likes

That’s like a 5 in a row watcher!

3 Likes

Heck yeah. There’s no one else on this planet who could’ve made me smile instead of groan when thinking of Huey Lewis. :+1:t3:

[ETA- Speaking of musical laughs, I give you: Boomer pop from the Medieval Era!]

6 Likes

Nice! I see your Boomer and raise you a Dragonball Z!

5 Likes

This commercial used to seem to always air while I was having my morning coffee before leaving for work. My wife soon became accustomed to me laughing loudly each morning when it would come on.

(and it has a certain young man who seems to have kicked his goofball habit)

6 Likes

How did I miss this back then?!

4 Likes

I saw it all of the time, literally on a daily basis for months. Little Richard’s performance is a tour de force.

5 Likes

[Take a pass on this video if you’re disturbed by flashing lights and/or gunfire, please.]

I’m as addicted to The Found Footage Film Festival channel as I am to MST3K. It doesn’t matter how many times I cue this thing up. I still chortle straight through it. Every. Blasted. Time. There’s even a cameo from Joey The Lemur! (almost)

5 Likes

Someday I hope to reach this level of love song epicness.

4 Likes

I had no idea a He Man/She Ra Christmas special existed!

3 Likes

Don’t give up, it’s possible!

4 Likes

They use to tour their show over here every couple of years. Always a highlight, hope they come back.

They opened their most recent one by showing a 50’s training film for State Troopers or similar on….how to deliver a baby as part of a routine traffic stop. There was one particular edit that prompted the biggest collective scream I’ve ever seen in a cinema.

4 Likes

If I really need a laugh, I go to YouTube and search for ‘laughing baby’ - because there’s nothing more hilarious than a laughing baby.

3 Likes

Originally I thought that if I got a million dollars, I’d stride right past the security at Alternaversal and demand the right to pick the next movie for riffing.

But recently I changed my mind about that. I’m just gonna’ bribe Joel Hodgson to drive across the state and watch a couple of games with this guy:

(Half the ensuing video will be Dad on a tear about how brats can’t be vegetarian and Joel just shrugging between bites.)

3 Likes