Today's laugh

Good eye! I don’t think I’ve used a manual since my first typing class back in high school, but you’re right — the carriage moved from right to left (left margin to right margin) for Indo-European languages as one typed, and you had to shove it back to the right to the left margin (and advance the platen) when you reached the end of the line.

1 Like

You are a whiz kid.

Either Martin didn’t do the research (a mortal sin among cartoonists) or maybe it was a different model he based that typewriter on. I’m not familiar with electric typewriters though I remember my mom using one. In my high school typing class, we used both computers and electronic typewriters. (I think I just showed my age by mentioning electronic typewriters.)

1 Like

This is brilliant.

2 Likes

I like how the scroll covers the first two hours of 2001.

2 Likes

Lucas does like to shove a movie’s worth of information into the opening crawl.

3 Likes

From the hilarious QI, this made me laugh so much.

1 Like

Chris Shapan is a mad genius! Previous owner left behind popcorn popper. Ex-Fleet vehicle.

2 Likes

How many S&H Green Stamps would you get if you bought the Electra 225 4-door hardtop?

2 Likes

Why cat heaven is not human heaven

3 Likes
1 Like

Don Martin

4 Likes

2 Likes
1 Like

So I was watching The Daily Show last week and there was a segment about the stolen Tamarin monkeys from the Dallas zoo. So they show this pic, while D.L. is speaking…

D.L. "Those monkeys look like Civil War Re-enactors, don’t they?

Then they showed this…

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A) Hubs and I had to pause, because we were laughing so hard!
B) D.L. pantomimes writing a letter: “Dear Clarabelle, The war drags on…”

1 Like

1 Like

I could not stop laughing at this today:

1 Like

ArmorClass_loRes

2 Likes
3 Likes

And now for an amusing tagline…

1 Like

1 Like