Today's Nightmare Fuel

What nightmare inducing hallucination of the imagination have you seen today? Post it here, but keep it SFW!

2 Likes

Introducing Hasbro’s new Nerf mascot, Murph. Not sure if they’re good for a laugh or a deeply uncomfortable chuckle…

nerf-mascot-debut-murph-2022

7 Likes

I think this looks cool, but from the thread about Creepy Dolls I’d already realized that my sense of what makes Nightmare Fuel isn’t like that of other people. :person_shrugging:

I don’t really get the “made entirely of darts” thing. Do the darts come out? Seems like that would make for unsafe and/or impractical play. Whatever. I don’t get Marketing.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I saw a video of 2 men moments before they die as the Window-cleaner cradle fails dropping them from the roof of a tall building.

1 Like

I’m finally getting my teeth cleaned tomorrow after a wait of over a year. (Fuggin’ virus.) :smiley:

1 Like

It looks like an anthropomorphised Koosh ball.

3 Likes

I’m wondering if a ghillie suit is the reference, and if Murph can camouflage themself.

2 Likes

1 Like

Yahoo music soundcloud aphex twin GIF on GIFER - by Bargas

2 Likes

6 Likes

Back in late-2016 when I was a mid-teen, I discovered the B-movie horror distribution company based in Spain and the U.S., called Gorgon Video (best known for the Faces of Death series, Night of the Bloody Apes, and they even distributed the movie MST3K riffed: Devil Doll!!!). A few times, I watched the logo itself before bed. Already frightened and terrified, once I went to bed, I stayed awake for half an hour.

But now, the logo doesn’t scare me as much anymore… sometimes.

3 Likes

Speaking of logos that scared me as a child. Not all but a few variations.

2016-06-20_08h50_42

2 Likes

3 Likes

Aw yes. What makes a kid’s day way better than sitting next to Winnie the Pooh with realistic-looking teeth?

5 Likes

Are you saying it’s not a good pediatric dental practice?

2 Likes

looks at creepy Pooh, then back at you

3 Likes

Since last month, this creepy face that acts as a Nextbot in GMod started to chase people in the dead of night.

1 Like

Isn’t that the expression which tells chimps you mean them no harm, but for every other primate species it’s interpreted as aggression? (Or am I trusting too much in eWikihow again?) :thinking:

1 Like

This baby from Tin Toy.

Which is fair, 'cause this Pixar short was made in the late-80’s, and technology back then didn’t evolve into what we have today yet. And of course: pre-mature CGI humans are scary as hell.

3 Likes