Today's pointless survey question

From where you are right now, how many fast food ketchup packets could you get in your clutches in just 60 seconds.

• Zero
  • One - Five
  • Five - Ten
  • Ten - Twenty
  • More than twenty

0 voters

3 Likes

I’ll start the ball rolling with -------

Eleven!

2 Likes

Not a one. But I could get ahold of leftover Girl Scout cookies in about 20 seconds.

3 Likes

I have the last of my box of Thin Mints within arm’s reach as well.

2 Likes

I probably have one Fire Sauce packet in the file drawer on my left underneath the emory board and that metal bar which never stays in place so I never hang any files. So I was almost there.

2 Likes

We have big boxes full of regular size cookie boxes that didn’t get sold. My wife is a scout leader. She won’t let me eat any because she has this crazy idea that the council will want them back at some point.

2 Likes

They should take them back. Damn things haven’t been edible in about a quarter century. :angry:

3 Likes

I’m less than a minute from my kitchen, all condiment packets are just chucked into a container by the fridge.

2 Likes

How dare you!

1 Like

A MSTie I knew elsewhere was even less kind, and way more disgusting.

He referred to them as “Stale crackers covered in squirrel vomit.”

2 Likes

Not a ketchup house here. Sorry.

But lemme know if/when hot sauces become the survey. Got hot sauces galore!

3 Likes

I rarely use ketchup except when making meatloaf, so none here. Probably some packets of Texas Pete and duck sauce floating around, though.

3 Likes

There might be more than five in that cup in the staff break room, but I’m not sure, so I went with the conservative estimate. Pretty sure I could get you way more than five packets of instant Vietnamese coffee that have been sitting there for more than two years, though.

eta: Recon misson has discovered there are exactly five. And for some reason they’re all sticky, ew.

4 Likes

I almost never hoard ketchup packets, but then I almost never eat ketchup. Now Taco Bell sauce packets… those are gold. I like spicy food, but I think the mild tastes best. Of course, now you can just buy it by the bottle, making repeated raids of the Taco Bell condiment bar less necessary.

3 Likes

The results of today’s poll show me that I am among my people.

3 Likes

It feels like I should have a bazillion ketchup packets.

But I don’t. Not a one.

4 Likes

I’ve never tried that, but … in theory… I may have grabbed ketchup cups at a fast food establishment…

May have acquired enough to fill a “Little Igloo” cooler with homemade margarita Jell-O shots for a party and margarita making contest…

So… 36-42ish?

Maybe :thinking:

(Edit: completely misread the original question, right now? None. Sadly. But now that I have a craving for margarita Jell-O shots…)

1 Like

Totally a different story. THOSE were keepers.

2 Likes

I almost never get ketchup packets from fast food places because I mostly eat my fast food at home and so I don’t see any reason to get the packets when I have ketchup at home. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Also, soy sauce packets. Or “oy sauce”, because even when we plead with the restaurant not to include condiments or utensils, at least half the time they do anyway, oy. Those little buggers really multiply.

3 Likes