šŸ¦ƒ Today's Turkey Day Vote is LIVE! šŸ¦ƒ PARTS: THE CLONUS HORROR takes on BEING FROM ANOTHER PLANET

And weā€™re back! The 2022 Turkey Day Tournament continues with todayā€™s match: season eight episode PARTS: THE CLONUS HORROR tackles season four episode BEING FROM ANOTHER PLANET. Both episodes involve dubious science, but only one has a fun fraternity costume party. The choice is yours.

As a reminder, your votes will be deciding four of the episodes we show in this yearā€™s Turkey Day Marathon, in a single-elimination bracket battle to the death! Or at least to the next round of voting!

New votes will go up on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays by noon ET, and close out 36 hours later. And even when we get to your top four choices, weā€™ll keep voting anyway to declare a tournament winner.

8 Likes

Parts by a mile. One of my favorite episodes.

America party!!

2 Likes

On the one hand, Parts is a favorite of mine and is generally an under-discussed gem of an episode. On the other, Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ve seen Being From Another Planet and it would be fun to see one thatā€™s new to meā€¦

6 Likes

Being from another planet, I had to vote for Being From Another Planet.

Also, itā€™s one of the movies I saw unriffed before MST3K did it. I thought it wasnā€™t too bad for a low-budget horror movie.

8 Likes

Enough Parts for now.

3 Likes

This one is a tough one. Both movies are dull, plodding, happen mostly on a college campus, have forgettable protagonists, and have weird endings. But I will have to give Being From Another Planet the slight edge in overall enjoyability. Clonus Horror is just so icky and depressing that it really does drag down the overall experience just enough to make it the lesser choice.

So ā€¦ ending where Dean Bitterman from Rattlers gets his confusing comeuppance? Or ending where everyone gets blown up, or has a lobotomy, or gets killed and hung on a meat hook? Yeah ā€¦ Iā€™ll take Dean Bitterman, thanks.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve gotta stand by my fellow archaeologist and go with the ridiculous space mummy. Plus, by this time on Turkey Day we might need the mellowness of Ben Murphy.

10 Likes

I donā€™t know if this is an issue in other voting, but if I got back into this thread from the main page, I can vote again. Basically, I can vote as many times as I want if I go out and back in or hit refresh.

2 Likes

You think you can, but actually, you canā€™t There is a little counter in the corner. You can click the pictures, but only one vote is counted. If you note the number, leave the thread and come back, youā€™ll see the number reverts (assuming someone else didnā€™t vote in those few seconds)

I thought the same thing and checked it with one of the other votes.

3 Likes

Oh! This is the Space Mummy one! I HAVE seen it. These are both really good choices.

6 Likes

Parts has some good riffing, but I find the sketches unendurable.

Soā€¦ Being? There.

5 Likes

7 Likes

This looks like it could be a very depressing Turkey Day so far.
Scared Kermit The Frog GIF

10 Likes

:smoking: ā€œCanā€™t we have a NORMAL Thanksgiving where we just drink and donā€™t talk to each other?!?ā€ :gun:

(Anyway, donā€™t worry. Thereā€™s still time for Incredible Melting Man to get nominated. :scream_cat: )

9 Likes

I dunno, I canā€™t get too depressed when Iā€™m laughing myself silly.

Clonus has made one TD appearance, while Being has never been featured on Turkey Day (and you ā€œshouldā€ vote for it based on that if you wanna) However, while I think an ā€œall Turkey Day debutsā€ would be a cool marathon ideaā€¦ I base my votes on the ā€œGiggle-Meterā€

R

It looks like BFAP hits ā€œtittersā€ (ā€œtee-hee, he said tittersā€) not bad, butā€¦

For Clonus, the arrow is swinging between laughs and hysterics.

Crotch fires and space children win out!

5 Likes

While Parts may be the more depressing of the two movies, I think the riffing is stronger, and I love the space children in the host segments. I went with Parts.

3 Likes

Iā€™m trying to back those less seen, but thereā€™s some nastiness in Being with the space fungus which isnā€™t exactly conducive to mealtime. I would disqualify Squirm on similar grounds.

Parts is one of my favorite episodes and Iā€™ve seen it tons of times, but can happy watch it again. Itā€™s like a film turducken, with a turkey of a movie garnished with ham (Peter Graves) and then soaked in brandy and set alight (Keenan Wynn).

3 Likes

Fine but Iā€™m still using those QVC alien-crystal-bracelet things as PARTS of the Thanksgiving centerpiece, and NO ONE can stop me! [evil laugh]

4 Likes

3 Likes