🦃 Today's Turkey Day Vote is LIVE! 🦃 PARTS: THE CLONUS HORROR takes on BEING FROM ANOTHER PLANET

Ah, I get how it works now. Thank you very much!

2 Likes

I really love Being From Another Planet. A combination mummy/alien film with the creepy “POV of the killer” vibe of early 80s slashers, plus Ben Murphy, so you know your Turkey quota will be excellent. Parts is a darn good episode as well as a really good film, but I really want mummy to win.

5 Likes

Well … nicer than the “Adulterous, emotionally dead” husband anyway.

2 Likes

That’s like saying that a broken finger is “nicer” than a broken arm.

I do like how they saved the best for last in that episode when they needled what a total personality void “the other man” was.

“So, a stranger comes to town, touches NO ONE’s life, and then leaves.”

That’s some five-star riffing right there. :+1:

4 Likes

And the best thing is the Tragic Moments figurines, which is the funniest thing the show ever did. A lot of people would apparently rather see “Parts” for the 9000th time than see an episode they’ve never seen with the funniest thing the show ever did. Go figure.

7 Likes

Definitely ‘Being’, and echoing the popularity contest and/or ‘I’ve heard of that one’ that seems to drive some votes and tank TDays :wink: How about some deep cuts, huh?

5 Likes

Clonus definitely seems to be the popular choice by a wide margin. I honestly think BFAP is the better overall episode, but it’s a pretty slight margin IMO. The two movies are so similar in many respects.

2 Likes

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hell yeah, next round voting! :smiley:

This Thanksgiving, I’m game for something a little different. Make mine Being from Another Planet!

mst3k405stinger

8 Likes

For those who picked Parts: The Clonus Horror…

being from another planet gifs | WiffleGif

6 Likes

Those people will say “Who are the people in that GIF? Is it from a TV show?”

2 Likes

I have the courage to step-up and say, " I love Clonus Horror!" It’s one of my favourite experiments, actually. BUT, I don’t vote on these until it’s definitely skewed one way or another, since I’m not American, and don’t celebrate US Thanksgiving (I don’t even celebrate the Canadian one), so I consider my opinion to be moot, or at least just tacked-on to the end of the argument.

But, I’m still brave enough to declare my love of the least-liked movies; such a love is what brought me here in the first place!

3 Likes

Nonsense, Kevin! Turkey Day is a joyous day for all nations to come together and give thanks for MST3K.

7 Likes

Kevin, if I may say so, it’s a holiday for the entire MST3K community, not just Americans. I hope you’ll feel free to participate in full.

10 Likes

…and we already stole this country anyway. It’d be a little late now to go pointing fingers at everyone else.

7 Likes

Oh, p’shaw.

You’re a MSTie. That’s the only thing that matters when it comes to the MST3K tradition of Turkey Day!

Turkey Day is our day, a day to celebrate the show that means so much to us, a day for MSTies across the world and even… [gestures to the rest of the universe as if to say, “Hey, you never know!”]

Your opinion is not moot or tacked-on to the end at all. You’re one of us! Your vote, your voice, your opinion, all of that is vital here, it’s of the utmost importance to this community. And we’re proud to have you represented here.

So, please, by all means, we invite you and -all- MSTies across the globe to join us for this celebration and to participate the HECK outta this stuff!

12 Likes

Every year, part of me hopes that at the start of the marathon the Mads break in and say that they are showing us all the losing episodes from the voting.

11 Likes

I voted for Being From Another Planet as I am not sure I have seen the whole episode.

6 Likes

If a rival Mad family shows up and they’re all named Dr. Beck, you could still get your wish. :wink:

1 Like

Everyone knows that “manos” is Spanish for “hands”, thus the title translated is “Hands: The Hands of Fate”.

But did you know “clonus” is latin for “parts”, so the title literally translates to “parts: the parts horror”?

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

5 Likes

Whoa.

WHOA.

2 Likes