🦃 Today's Turkey Day Vote is LIVE 🦃 WARRIOR OF THE LOST WORLD revs its engines against TRACK OF THE MOON BEAST!

The 2022 Turkey Day Tournament continues with today’s match: season five episode Warrior of the Lost World takes on season ten episode Track of the Moon Beast, in a battle between Megaweapon and Johnny Longbow’s stew recipe. CHOOSE!

As a reminder, your votes will be deciding four of the episodes we show in this year’s Turkey Day Marathon, in a single-elimination bracket battle to the death! Or at least to the next round of voting!

New votes will go up on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays by noon ET, and close out 36 hours later. And even when we get to your top four choices, we’ll keep voting anyway to declare a tournament winner.

13 Likes

Enough Megaweapon for now.

5 Likes

Both good episodes, but I’m going with Johnny Longbow this time.

5 Likes

13 Likes

I’ll vote for…
Best short! … No, that won’t work.
*stomach growls* … Oh, good call. Stew.

4 Likes

Both decent episodes. Gotta give the nod to the Warrior though as the riffing is better. Moon Beast plods more and overall isn’t quite as fun of a romp. Probably because it is a movie that is mostly a character study with a lot of dialog and not much happening. Warrior has so much going on and has so much more personality. And as much of a dud as the Paper Chase guy is, he’s still more appealing than the load in Moon Beast. At least you can mostly ignore the Paper Chase guy. But the Moon Beast Loser is such an oppressive dullard that I am even gladder when he khacks it than when Einstein gets rolled over by Megaweapon.

2 Likes

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

5 Likes

Paperchase Guy 4EVA!!

Also, after the discussion in the last vote it occurs to me: isn’t this technically a biker film, too? Or does it not count when it’s just one guy and one bike?

2 Likes

Boy this is a tough one both are really good!!

1 Like

Paul in Track of the Moonbeast spends at least as much time with/on his motorcycle as anyone in Hellcats.

4 Likes

Donald Pleasance will always have my vote. Double vote for Fred Williamson, too!

4 Likes

I need to see some kind of breakdown, maybe with Power Point. Before I can buy this.

That dude is so spectacularly unmemorable that when he’s off-screen I immediately forget that he’s in the movie.

3 Likes

Oh, NOW we’re talking! Warrior of the Lost World is such good cheese, but Track of the Moon Beast doesn’t get a lot of rotation on the streaming channels, so I don’t see it as often.

3 Likes

Also, will the Turkey Day host segments be live streaming, or pre-recorded? Is Ivan still needing to baby-sit the operation throughout the entire event?

I’d hate to take up more of any of the amazing MST3K crew’s holiday than needed, but wouldn’t mind if any of these votes are really close, adding a movie to the slate, making the marathon a movie longer, either?

(Also, I prefer both of these choices than either of the first two for a Turkey Day Marathon?)

Also, will there be Hot-Dish?

I’m just saying, we’re the evil corporate overlords now… I say go big.

and, another thing…

3 Likes

Lost World’s already been featured twice, Moon Beast, never.

Moon Beast is 10 times funnier to me and a far more entertaining mix of movie and characters, food and music.

No question, Beast by a landslide… of moon rocks, oh wow!

10 Likes

I also hear that we are “predatory” and that that’s not even Joel’s real hair. :scream_cat:

(Whatever. He came back from the future. He can do whatever he wants with the top of his head.)

2 Likes

Had to vote for the band that played California Lady

7 Likes

People, do you realize what this means? We have an unprecedented opportunity to rush the Halloween season all the way back to Thanksgiving! Take THAT, Christmas!

5 Likes
4 Likes