Tom's Frosted Dome is a Travesty!

SHAME!

Clear for 30 years and now opaque? uugh… what’s NEXT…? Crow going to have LAWN bowling pin for a beak…? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

First off, welcome to the forums!
Second… it’s a long story of how Servo’s dome turned all frosty.

2 Likes

Servo has a habit of eating ice cream before filming and it’s been freezing his bubble lately.

9 Likes

go on

3 Likes

Fine then. I shall.
gasp
Since 2019, Servo underwent some tiny… changes. The first reason on why his head turned all frosty, is because nobody would see his clear dome in bunraku style, so I guess that’s that.
le gasp
And the second is because of greenscreen.

8 Likes

It’s steam, from his concealed inner hookah.

He was never the same after that tour with Narcotic Casserole. :peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Let’s just say Servo’s birthday is on 4/20…

6 Likes

Next year they’ll just have a tennis ball up there and it’ll all be computer generated.

3 Likes

I HATE TOM SERVO’S NEW DOME!

11 Likes

1 Like

Poopoo it all you want now, because when the future comes, all poopooing will be responded with “there have been many changes to the show” and “you should really just relax” and “you’ll get used to it”. Did I say future? :face_with_peeking_eye:

6 Likes

If you find yourself typing “poopoo” more than once per post, please consult a physician. And change your pants. <— [maybe this part first]

11 Likes
2 Likes

An upwardly-mobile… for the classiest hiked-up trou of them all. [nods]

2 Likes

What about ‘poopie suit?’

3 Likes

It’s strictly SOP.

2 Likes

I’ve had my own servo since 1999, one of the real problems…Servo head, the “snack dispenser” hasn’t been made in easily 10 years. They’re usually more $$ than Servo’s torso, the money lovers barrel, when they pop up on ebay.

There are the weird like, soccer ball servo heads, m&m’s servo heads and stuff… but the clear dome is a legit rarity now. And with how many servo’s they use on the show…

The last time I did a repaint of my servo in 2016 when I built my Crow, I was able to find one and I think I paid upwards of $50 for it.

I’m petrified of my current pristine globe getting scuffed or like gross with age. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

I have hated his dome all along, no gumballs?!? What’s the point Joel! If you can’t chew gum in space, then why even be in space?

6 Likes

Who needs gum when spaceships are so amply stocked with toothpicks?

6 Likes

I thought the frosted dome was because Tom thought the clear one made it too easy for people to see what he was thinking.

I wonder what flavor the dome frosting is. I’m thinking coconut.

4 Likes