Toys! Toys! Toys!

What were the great toys of your youth? I loved action figures. I grew up in the 80s, so I had-

Transformers:

G.I. Joe

Star Wars

Masters of the Universe

And M.A.S.K.

That’s what I can think of off the top of my head.

A friend brought up M.U.S.C.L.E. Things the other day and I remember having a bunch of those, but they weren’t action figures.

I’m sure I’ll think of other toys I had when others chime in.

10 Likes

jart

10 Likes

A quick run through of the old office, which is where I store most of my toy stuff, for a fairly random set of pictures!

Imgur
Custom Black Series Mandalorian Warrior

Imgur
Din Djarin and Grogu, with custom cape and satchel. Din has a mild repaint, just to get details

Imgur
McFarlane Sister Of Battle, I painted this one and added the base and head

Imgur
This is my Black Series display, made lovingly by hand and populated with mildly repainted killing-machines. Every one of these could have done with 1 more paint application in the factory, but it’s no real work to finish them up!

Imgur
My lego town scene

Imgur
Big Convoy from Beast Wars II (I think), he’s a Mammoth!

Imgur
Lego Lunar Lander, I love it!

Imgur
Longrack (Transformer Giraffe) hanging with Vinz Clortho and Zuul.

10 Likes

Most of mine are packed for a move, but

4 Likes

I had (some variation of) each of these. But boy-howdy, how I miss my M.U.S.C.L.E. collection! I loved those things!!!

1 Like

I was aaaaalllll about the Star Trek toys as a kid in the 70s.

I had the Enterprise Bridge set…

bridge

…the action figures, a phaser and tricorder and communicator, and of course the Enterprise model. I even had the Enterprise blueprints… they’re still around somewhere.

10 Likes

I had Spock, and General Ursus, but most of my Megos were the super heroes. I had oven mitt Batman!

2 Likes

These are the only two toys I think I still have.

Oh no, wait!

6 Likes

Hey I have that Mars Attacks toy somewhere, with the gun.

3 Likes

The best Christmas morning of my childhood was when I came down and saw the Captain Kirk figure sticking out of the top of my stocking, and Spock in my brother’s.

4 Likes

7 Likes

The Evel Kneivel toy kicked so much more butt than the actual Evel Kneivel did.

3 Likes

Evel was pretty evel in real life, but we kids loved him.

“He’s broken every bone in his body multiple times! That’s so cool!”

3 Likes

Ooooh, I had this!

6 Likes

The early Megos were connected with a cheapo elastic band inside that always eventually broke, at which point they became the world’s laziest heroes.

I think later they replaced it with a tougher rubber band.

2 Likes

My brother is much older than me (12 years) and I inherited some of his toys. The ones I remember are Micronauts.

My mother thinks literally all action figures are Micronauts.

8 Likes

vert

5 Likes

Due to a convoluted series of events that don’t really matter, “Micronauts” became code for weed in my dorm (e.g., hey that’s cool, you can keep your Micronauts in there!).

Don’t tell your mom.

5 Likes

I wanted Micronauts as a kid, but never got them.

2 Likes

By MARX!

And then one fabulous Christmas morning there came –

Unlike TV’s Frank, I never had a Jane West doll, so I used an empty Mrs. Butterworth bottle to take care of things around the ranch house, picturing her as sort of an Aunt Bea type of character.

7 Likes