Toys! Toys! Toys!

Are those kids on the right building an ostrich for Cavalcade II ?

4 Likes

I think it’s a crane, but if I remember right, I wouldn’t have trusted those things to lift more than a kilo.

4 Likes

I recently got the NECA TMNT Usagi Yojimbo figure.

8 Likes

Finally got the Mountain Windmill set I ordered in December from the bricklink Designer Program!

6 Likes

The item in the right hand corner: toy or MST3K shrine starter kit?

7 Likes

Yes

6 Likes

Finally getting around to unpacking this stuff after the move.

20220921_211634

7 Likes

The new office toy shelf. Zoom meetings mean Batmobile races. So I have a problem, so what?

5 Likes

Some new additions:

Two Marvel Legends Multiple Mans (Multiple Men?)

My old Captain Marvel/Shazam, but with a new cape.

5 Likes

I’m glad that I’m not the only one that takes this stuff out of the box. If I leave it packaged, it’s only because it’s more fun that way. I’ve horrified a couple of collector friends, which is also fun.

6 Likes

I have some in boxes and some out of boxes. I have my Yellow Submarine action figures in boxes because they come in two character packs with a bunch of accessories and the box designs are neat.

On the other hand, the Robby the Robot I got from Walmart is out of its box and on my shelf.

That said- people have sold Star Wars Kenner figures from the 80s still in their packaging for a lot of money.

Edit: Also, I like to hang them on walls and doors sometimes and that’s easier to do if they’re still in their packaging.

4 Likes

Nothing sadder than a toy that never gets taken out of the box.

6 Likes

My Laserblast action figure deserves no happiness. Maybe if Denise had worked harder at it. Like Xanthar.

Plus, you find an easier way for it to be on my office door without staying in its packaging and being thumbtacked there.

4 Likes

My wind-up Gort probably should have remained in the box. It was a cool box. Instead, my daughter and I played with it and now it’s half-busted and I smile every time Gort’s leg falls off, and that’s priceless.

4 Likes

I want a wind-up Gort!

4 Likes

Por ejemple, check out poor Andre the Giant. Without the blister pack, what do you have? A weird and not much fun inaction figure that is barely identifiable as Andre, and certainly not as a giant, next to his posse.

I’m sure that I can fling cats more effectively than this thing. The packaging is definitely more fun than the toy (the tiny kitties banging on the glass!). It hung from my cube wall, back when I had a cube.

That said, these were both Christmas gifts. I won’t pay for packaging, no matter how fun it is.

4 Likes

I have exactly one thing still in the packaging—well, three. A local shop put all their McFarlane figures on clearance so I got one Slap Shot set for the shelf and one for storing in the closet until I give up hoping that they’ll ever be more than extra toys in boxes.

5 Likes

I remove most of my “collectibles” from the packaging, but keep the box if it is salvageable. I even let my grandkids play with my remote control (wired) Batmobile when I first got it. It just came in an ugly brown box anyway.

(Crow and Tom are always watching TV with me)

This is actually a statue reproduction of a classic Green Lantern action figure, and a bit larger than the original:

Todd McFarlane figures just beg to be removed from the box:

Blister packs are usually the exception for me, given that it is hard not to destroy the packaging, but I avoid buying them, and those in my collection are mostly gifts:

The Big Trouble in Little China figure above was actually opened and taped back together before I ever owned it.

This is Poe “Lefty” Dameron:

It may be difficult to tell in the pic, but he came from the factory with 2 right hands. This also demonstrates the hazards of letting your grandkids play with your toys, they managed to remove and lose the left handlebar for me. Oh well, they are likely to be the ultimate inheritors of my collection.

2 Likes

I want to know what shop can’t sell Hanson brothers action figures. Those things sell themselves.

5 Likes

Of course! But never mind that, is that a desk covered in comic pages?

3 Likes