Toys! Toys! Toys!

That is, in fact, an “L” shaped waist high book shelf, measuring 15’ on the long leg, and 6’ on the short leg, covered with comic book covers and pages (mostly obtained from the $1 dollar bin at the local shop). It was all done decoupage, and sealed with polycrylic. It took me about 6 weeks from start to finish (not counting the odd repair job here and there since then).

7 Likes

That’s some admirable nerditude right there. Strong work.

4 Likes

I did it during the height of the pandemic, when I had a lot of free time on my hands with nowhere to go.

3 Likes

Lol. Packaging. Not strictly toys, but I have tons of seashells I’ve collected over the last 30 years and none of them are stored correctly: in dark, dust-free cabinets with their labeling firmly attached or nested inside. They live in my glass-topped coffee table or on my bookshelves. Slowly fading from light exposure and occasionally meriting a careful dusting. Know why? Objects which are great to see? They should be SEEN at all times.

I guess they are kind of like my toys, as I do occasionally take them out, review their labels (which are stashed in a box of their own for reference, along with their time-of-purchase photos), and rearrange the whole collection.

4 Likes

Action figures are to be played with or displayed in my mind, and they always look better displayed out of the box. I do take care to keep mine out of direct sunlight, but otherwise have no way to prevent fading if I actually want to enjoy them. My comic book collection, however, is properly stored. Even those that are on display have UV protection from the frame or slab they are in, or at the very least a vinyl bag with UV protection until I can get a proper frame.

5 Likes

I was slogging through Invasion USA earlier and spotted, completely randomly, a Fozzie Bear action figure just sitting there on the SoL. It really cheered me up after such a dreary episode since I had that exact figure when I was a kid.

A better pic from the innernetz.

6 Likes

Jeez. Poor Fozzie. His fur went white from sheer boredom. :cry:

5 Likes

You mean rolled up and stuck in your back pocket so you can trade them for a frog and a Yo-Yo and a rock with a shell fossil in it that looks really cool when it’s wet?

Mine are in longboxes. That’s all I can claim. Some are even in bags. Old, reused bags, but whatever.

4 Likes

And some really nice, spiky horse chestnuts for slingshot ammunition.

3 Likes

More Star Wars junk with Bugs & Tweety photobomb.

Found what might be an OG Darth, minus saber, but I can’t find a date on it anywhere.

4 Likes

I have a mix of long and short boxes, as well as a few collector’s boxes and a pair of filing cabinets. All my comics are bagged and boarded, if not slabbed or framed. I try to replace the bags and boards every 10 years, but I am about a year behind right now.

3 Likes

70’s kid prize - a perfectly functional SSP with intact ripcord. Found it in a box on some lady’s porch for a quarter.
20220924_192447
All of the scuffs are in the blue paint on the top, so it likely spent 40 years knocking around in a box with some other junk waiting for me.

9 Likes

Hey MSTies, Josh Smith, who runs The Prop Basement, needs some cash and is selling 3-D printed Servo heads for $20. I hate asking for help. - YouTube

He’s also offering mini-proton packs from Ghostbusters, if that’s more your speed.

I have a few of the MST items he sells through his shop; the Servo and the Widowmaker in the photo below are both his work.

5 Likes

Attention Klonoa fans…

5 Likes

@SuperCutie :arrow_up:

4 Likes

YYYYEEEAAAAH!!!

4 Likes

That is an awesome Klonoa. Glad I don’t collect Nendoroid’s as it’s definitely nice.

Trying to not like this one:

0ne is pricy enough, but they have plans for all 4 and Shredder, and I haven’t that type of cash available.

3 Likes

I saw a Jet Jaguar at the comic shop today and had to bring him home with me.

9 Likes

This is your fault. And eBay’s.

6 Likes

Hey you found one!

Have fun!

2 Likes