Toys! Toys! Toys!

Dasright, y’jelly.

5 Likes

Just found this, apparently it’s still available!

As close as we’re likely to get to an official MST3K Lego set: The Viking Women vs. the Sea Serpent!

5 Likes

That’s a fairly newer set, I saw a built one at the local LEGO store a few days back. It looked pretty nice. There is also a set for the latest Thor movie of the goat boat, which could be incorporated to raise the coolness factor.

5 Likes

I just got that Friday!

5 Likes

The what now? Do you mean The Saga of the Viking Women and Their Voyage to the Waters of the Great Sea Serpent?

2 Likes

I may end up getting it myself. I stepped away from Lego for a couple years and now I’m trying to catch up, there’s so much good stuff. Have you seen the latest massive set, just announced today?

10,000 pieces, almost 5 ft. tall. Wow.

4 Likes

Scrolling through here waiting for a phone call…

I’d almost forgotten Capsella…

Wow…

Yeah… when the relatives would complain if I asked for books (Sherlock Holmes, Star Wars, Star Trek) for Christmas, but would turn around and say Capsella was too expensive when I finally thought of a toy that I actually wanted…

Sigh

2 Likes

Oh, man, I had that one…

I had it until I almost broke a window with it…

3 Likes

That Eiffel Tower looks impressive. I’ve 3D printed many of them, it’s a good torture test for a 3D printer. I’m looking at 2 of them now, one about 8 inches tall and the other about 2 feet tall that was printed in 3 sections.

3 Likes

!

6 Likes

The Emmet toys are the wrong color.

2 Likes

Someone pointed out that Beaker’s lab coat would be perfect for Dr. Forrester, and now I can’t stop thinking about it. Must find this minifig:

11 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t think you can find them except in these sort of grab bag packages.

5 Likes

Oh yes, I’m a Lego CMF junkie (Collectible Minifigures). This is one of the best sets they’ve ever done, and I somehow missed it while busy with life this year. They release 2-3 sets per year, so one only has a few months to grab them before they’re gone.

I’d like to do a deep dive through past sets – I think there are probably enough hair/head styles to put together any of our beloved mads and hosts, but the torso/leg parts are more challenging. I’ve heard whispered rumors of places where one can have custom designs printed on parts, which would allow for perfect MST3K jumpsuit recreations.

Between that and 3D printing, a sufficiently motivated person could create an almost perfect rendition of Crow and Servo, but the holy grail would still be an official Lego version. There have been a few MST Lego proposals on Lego’s Ideas website – where ideas can theoretically become actual sets – but none of them were great, and minifigures of the bots would really be the sauce that sells it.

Fingers crossed, maybe one day!

3 Likes

I think I used most of my life’s allotment of luck on that Lego set. I opened 12 packs, and got all 12 figures.

4 Likes

Check your local comic book / gaming store. If they carry lego, they may have some pre-opened for resale, but prices may vary depending on rarity of the min-fig.

2 Likes

For those in search of mini-figs and other Lego, I give you:

Bricklink

Brickowl

Just a few sites where you can order sets. Most of the Brikwarriors I know use these sites to configure and outfit huge armies of minifigures and other M.O.C.'s (My Own Creation).

You can also look up the value of the Lego you own.

Just a cursory look at Brickowl gives a bunch of options for Muppet minifigs.

2 Likes

Ah… Minifigs…

6 Likes

It’s time for a Brick war !

2 Likes

don’t make me post my “questionably legal” collection of 3rd party HydrAvengers mini-figs…

3 Likes