Toys! Toys! Toys!

Thieves fill the Yule Kong with rage and now there’s a whole thing.

7 Likes

Oh… they’re using Toon Rules. It’s OK then.

6 Likes
6 Likes

I found this article yesterday! I’m squarely in the crosshairs of this.

Lego seems to have really figured it out. They launched their Ideas concept (originally Cuusoo) a few years back, and now it’s basically a license to print money. It’s an incredibly shrewd move on their part and a great loop: Their own customers show them exactly what they want, they then use their skills to polish up the ideas and make them super attractive, then those same customers buy them up in droves.

They recently released a brick-built NES and Atari 2600, which are amazing. I can’t wait to see where they go with this …

7 Likes

I bought the Lego Voltron set a few years ago - nearly $200 but I had a great time building it and it scratched the itch of never getting the original toy when I was a kid, lol.

5 Likes

OMG - Same !

I am actually still riding that “toy high”…

4 Likes
5 Likes

Santa was kind this year, I scored a new Marvel PVC statue, and 3 MacFarlane Toys action figures:

This Spider-Punk PVC statue came from my daughter and may be my favorite gift. His comics debut was in 2015, and I have been a big fan since then, but had no idea she even knew I was collecting the books.

MacFarlane Toys Hawkman action figure from Black Adam. I did a double take on this one, since I did not know MacFarlane had done a Hawkman figure.

Gunslinger Spawn. Anything Spawn related is an easy pick when the family is shopping for me, and Gunslinger is the breakout character of the new Spawn lineup.

And finally, no more clowning around, he is not the Vindicator, or the Victimizer, or the Vaporizer, or the Vibrator, he is…

THE VIOLATOR! He is also too big to fit in my display case, so will just have to get all dusty sitting on top until I can get an acrylic case big enough to cover him.

4 Likes

At first blush I went “huh, Circus Ringmaster Spawn.”

6 Likes

With Lunar New Year coming up, I am excited about this set:

Lunar New Year Parade

It will go a long way to recreating and battling out that famous scene from “Monty Python and The Holy Grail”. You know the one…

bunny rabbit GIF

That giant rabbit is sure to have some violent tricks up his sleeve!

4 Likes

Awww man, I love old horror or sci-fi related stuff. Movie accurate as possible…

10 Likes

7 Likes

For shame Spidey! This is a family-friendly forum!!

7 Likes

The Brothers Brick highlight a lot of cool fan Lego builds, and this one just came up:

I would absolutely love for this to become an available set! (Sadly it’s not even a proposed idea at this point, just some brilliant fan’s custom job. But a guy can dream.)

11 Likes
7 Likes

He needs a few more outfits, like an Imperial general’s and a peasant fisherman’s.

4 Likes

Wow - that’s a lot of tribute to probably the most forgettable ‘antagonist’ in the entire Indiana Jones filmology. :slight_smile: Even the German Mechanic was more memorable than this guy.

3 Likes

I think it’s conceivably more a tribute to the actor in his most notable Lucasfilm role. He’s appeared in more than a few Lucasfilm productions, including a new one just last week.

3 Likes

This toy chose … poorly.

9 Likes
4 Likes