Toys! Toys! Toys!

Hey they’ve fixed toys on The Repair Shop. Fight me!

4 Likes

Fixing old toys isn’t the same as making a dinosaur that pukes tacos.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Chin-balancing Tick! Yeah y’jelly.

5 Likes

Haven’t been posting much, I have picked up a few bits here and there, but it’s been quiet on the LEGO front and busy on the work front. Also had to go down to Anaheim a couple weeks back as my Daughter’s dance school got to perform at California Adventure.

But while down there I was able to make a friend…

Haven’t named him yet… Not looking for recommendations, just saying so in case anyone was thinking about asking.

Also was able to get out to my favorite shop recently, took some pics as others have posted their locals, so here is a taste…

10 Likes

I don’t even want to know how much those ceiling decorations must have cost them.

1 Like

My next model project. Taking stock of this 1984 Revell Robotech kit that I started in college and stopped for some reason lost to time, and I think all of the pieces parts are still here, which is really only remarkable because I’ve moved a hundred times since then.

I found it packed at the bottom of a trunk.

9 Likes

I’ve got those comics in my collection. Originally designated for a 3 issue mini-series, after the first issue, nothing happened for a long time, then suddenly, both issues in an ad-free issue…It’s one of the few DC titles I picked up.

1 Like

Oh there is a lot more decorations, I’ll post more images tomorrow.

They’ve been around a while and built up those displays over time. They were already pretty good before they moved into the current space.

2 Likes

As promised.

9 Likes

Their Swiffer budget must be huge.

3 Likes

So where is this amazing Willy Wonka wonderland?

1 Like

Toy Traders, Langley, BC.

And yes that is also an open Toys ‘R’ Us on the map near it.

6 Likes

Ah, the mythical land of Canada, utopia to my north, where gravy is put on French fries and healthcare is free…

3 Likes

2,881 miles, and 43 hours behind the wheel per the Great Google.

Hmmmmm….

4 Likes

30 hours, 3,203 km for me.

Plus, you know, acquiring a passport.

3 Likes

Go for it, I’ve got 2 of them.

4 Likes

I used to have 3. 1 personal, 1 official that had an Israeli stamp in it, and 1 official for travel to places that wouldn’t let you in the country if your passport had an Israeli stamp in it.

4 Likes

Oh shoot, that’s only 22 hours of driving 1425 miles. We can do that. (and I already have a passport!)

2 Likes

2,885.8 miles for me. I am not immediately opposed to this, as long as I can take a couple of months and mosey.

Johnny and I are weirdly equidistant from this place.

3 Likes