Trace with chicken

Just as a certain parfum house is famed for its “No. 5” cologne, so Hopkins, MN was once famed for its “Chicken 512.” A delicious variation of the classic Chicken Cordon Bleu, it’s prepared with a tasty filling of hamdingers and locally-made micro-cheese in lieu of the customary ham and swiss.

It’s only a matter of time before a certain chef, who shall remain nameless, gets a cameo on Food Network and this dish rockets back from culinary obscurity and straight into the public eye once more. [“A Trip To The Moon” GIF goes here]

4 Likes

Happy Birthday!

Also Trace looks like a rather dashing 80’s action villain.

3 Likes

HBD!

2 Likes

Happy Birthday! :smiley:

1 Like

D’awwww… :hugs:

Everyone pile in the car! We’ve gotta’ get to the Dim Sum place before they run out of Hum Bao and dry-sauteed string beans!! :yum:

4 Likes

Did somebody say birthday?!

2 Likes

Before I found this board, I for real thought I was the only person left who still remembered these guys. Super-glad to be wrong about that, though. :tada:

6 Likes

I think they’ve still got a pretty big fanbase, but mostly for the original game. I might need to revisit Hit the Road again soon. :smiley:

I’d love to get my hands on the old comics, but whenever I see them they’re prohibitively expensive.

4 Likes

Trace Beaulieu is holding a chicken and staring into the middle distance. Your argument is invalid.

4 Likes

Mostly I remember them from ancient alternative comics like Fantagraphics’ underrated Critters anthology. Of games after the Qbert era I know naught. Still, a job’s a job. Good for them. :smiley:

1 Like

Happy birthday!

2 Likes

You’d be surprised. My daughter has an Oculus Quest 2 and there’s a Sam & Max game. She’s a little too young for it, but she likes it anyway.

3 Likes

Well, I just found my back tattoo

3 Likes

Thank goodness we didn’t all have the internet back then, or there would have been uproar at this insidious plot to replace our favourite, universally beloved gold robot.

3 Likes