Track of the Moonbeast

While not my one of my top favorites, this episode does have some gem riffing moments. While the stew scene is good, for me the moment that causes me to lose it every time is when a Doctor enters a room with an Xray and Crow screams “You removed the wrong leg!”

The timing is just perfect for me.

10 Likes

The riffing over that last chase is golden.

And the SOL’s Legends of Rock host segment is an all-timer.

11 Likes

Definitely a good one for the host segments.

4 Likes

I actually really like this experiment. And I love the Legends of Rock doc they do.

7 Likes

“He’s wearing his Doris Day PJs!”

2 Likes

Everything about that half-hearted “prank” everyone tries to pull on Paul (and his non-reaction) at the beginning is such riffing gold. The host segment in response is even funnier! :laughing: :smiley:

9 Likes

Track of the Moon Beast is one of my go-to episodes. I watch MST3K for the movies as much as the riffing, and TotMB is a feast of cheese that also has a thin shred of sci fi credibility and one or two flashes of near-originality (for the time). I don’t know why TotMB doesn’t get the adulation that other episodes do. Sure, it isn’t a classic, but I tend to think of it as a discount store-brand Werewolf (like It Lives By Night, another go-to of mine).

4 Likes

In case anyone wants to make Johnny Longbone’s stew, here’s the recipe.

7 Likes

Sold!
Tho it (seemed for me at least) to be one of the episodes unavailable in app (but was on website!)

2 Likes

That riff makes me kind of sad, because it’s based on a real case. :grimacing: (I hang around lawyers a lot.)

I think my fave is the magic arrow being shot and “Causing him [the beast] to Frug!”

2 Likes

It’s a good episode, but somehow easy to forget about. Maybe it’s something in that heavy sigh.

It’s a shame we never get to really know the Eskimo and Friendly-Looking Backup Singer.

5 Likes

J.C Penney hookerwear, for the casual hooker at work, rest, or play!

1 Like

I have to make this now

2 Likes