TURKEY DAY TOURNAMENT 2021: Battle 1! Lost Continent vs Magic Voyage of Sinbad

Yes, it’s true – the Turkey Day Tournament is BACK! Full disclosure, it should have been back yesterday, as promised in last Friday’s Backer Update, but technical difficulties (the MST3K stock in trade) held it up. Regardless, it’s here now, and it’s spectacular.

If you were around last year, you may remember how this works. I’ve set up a single elimination bracket of classic MST3K episodes. The top four episodes will go on to be featured on Turkey Day 2021, along with four episodes we’ve selected ourselves. (And once the top 4 are chosen, we’ll go ahead and keep voting to see who comes out the winner, just for fun.)

You will have a chance to vote here on the forums or on our dedicated Turkey Day page every Tuesday and Friday. I’ll share the full bracket here once we’ve run through the first batch of voting, because it’s fun to surprise y’all with each battle.

Anyway, get to voting! Got questions? Ask them below.

21 Likes

Excellent! Here, have some Prozac.

7 Likes

TURKEY DAY VOTING, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :smiley:

It’s stuff like this that makes this time of the year feel real!

Now, then…

I love Lost Continent.

But I loooooooooooooooooooooooove The Magic Voyage of Sinbad.

9 Likes

“He’s not Sinbad.”

7 Likes

mst3k505hostdance

Boy… that cavorting… really takes it out of you!

4 Likes

Shouldn’t it be double elimination? HAWKS!!!

(I’ll leave your nice thread alone now. :wink:)

3 Likes

Get more water!

4 Likes

What a cheap demagogue.

Lesley, you’re a cheap demogogue!!!

4 Likes

Uh-oh, some tactical voting might be necessary, or we may run the risk of being hit with the triple whammy of Rock Climbing, Deep Hurting and Hypno-helio Static Stasis :open_mouth:

10 Likes

Can we have some Moon Zero Two? The slo-mo low gravity fighting is so soothing!

9 Likes

Yaaaaaaay! Us Canadians might still be in a turkey fog from the weekend but I’m looking forward to Turkey Day 2021 Round 2 with some sweet, sweet MST3K. The Turkey Day marathon last year was a huge ray of sunshine in a dreary sea of working from home and poopy weather.

Now to debate whether or not to take the day off of work to fully wallow in a mountain of snacks and MST3K!

Happy voting everyone!!

:smiley: :popcorn:

8 Likes

With movies like Lost Continent, who needs tryptophan?

8 Likes

This Pak Man… Where do I know you from :thinking:

2 Likes

My house shall not be a house of hilarity!

2 Likes

This is awesome! I was just wondering, can you change a vote or not? I feel like my fat thumb hit the wrong button unfortunately.

2 Likes

There are no wrong votes. Just wrong people. You know who you are. :eye:

4 Likes

Lol- well played. Let me say my thumb may have made an unintended selection.

Can you change your vote?

1 Like

I don’t think you can. Curiously, when I just went to test if you could, it looked like I hadn’t actually voted. I thought I had, but this time it brought up a comment box and showed me the voting progress. Perhaps you didn’t actually cast a vote either? If you did, it looks like you can’t revise it.

Maybe logging in with a different account gives you a second chance, but then you’d just be cancelling yourself out. :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, so that’s what I experienced. A dialogue box popped up so I wasn’t sure if I voted or not. Then I pressed it again.

Hopefully Lesley might see this and might be able to offer insight!