TURKEY DAY TOURNAMENT 2021: Battle 3! Daddy-O vs Warrior of the Lost World

Ooooo, such a hard choice, We watched Daddio not too long ago and it’s a great episode, but Donald Pleasance…
I’ll have to contemplate, or maybe just flip a coin. Choices, choices…

3 Likes

Warrior of the Lost World is freaking awesome (Mega weapon alone is worth my vote), but that said, Daddy-o is a damn fine little gem that could use some Turkey Day attention. I don’t think it’s been rolled out for the big show since 1991… Why not show it some love! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

As it turns out, Daddy-O does have fruit to declare!

5 Likes

Again, not my favorite two episodes and I wasn’t sure which to choose, but I do like the hero better in Daddy-O than in Warrior of the Lost World. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Honestly, I’m fine with either picture, both have strong merits. There is a good argument to be made that Daddy-O has had less Turkey exposure and so could use the extra attention. Warrior is still a top film for me, but I will enjoy either with a side of declared fruit and rock candy.

9 Likes

It looks like that one recklessly-driving hero is well ahead of that other recklessly-driving hero.

Contino can’t beat anyone in a race. It seems he just doesn’t want it, or “want some” as much as the others do. :apple:

3 Likes

Six-degrees of MSTification indeed!

5 Likes

Yeah, though let’s be fair: not deliberately leaving your companion to be brainwashed by a demagogue… that ought to be a minimum requirement for any hero.

3 Likes

Technically speaking, Contino was never a reckless driver. It was the idiot woman that was his love interest.

3 Likes

But then we get to Contino’s appearance in Girls Town, and…

[lowers head mournfully]

2 Likes

Was he in Girls Town, too? I don’t care so much for that one so I haven’t watched it in a while.

1 Like

That he was! It’s not a starring role like in Daddy-O, more like a very brief supporting appearance. I think he shows up in two scenes.

3 Likes

Warrior if only because David Worth added me on LinkedIn several years ago.

4 Likes

Well if were going to be technical, he did engage in a race, which is technically reckless as well as illegal. So the label stands.

4 Likes

Not to mention wearing his belt buckle to the side. That’s the behavior of a man with nothing left to lose.

6 Likes

I think I may have accidentally voted twice. :flushed:
Hopefully that won’t affect the final result.

1 Like

I still argue that he was a good driver and that the only reason there wasn’t an accident was because he kept it from happening while the love interest was only interested in showing off.

1 Like

suddenly the voice of John Facenda echoes throughout the forum and is heard to say…

“And thus began the “good driver / reckless driver” flame wars of 2021”

2 Likes

Like the Sarcasm Wars of '99!

2 Likes

I might’ve finally voted with the majority on one of these. And it’s… MEG-A-WEAPON! MEG-A-WEAPON! MEG-A-WEAPON!

Besides…I just watched Daddy-O recently.

3 Likes