TURKEY DAY TOURNAMENT 2021: Battle 6! WARRIOR OF THE LOST WORLD vs HERCULES AGAINST THE MOON MEN

In the last round, Sinbad put Eegah down in a bit of a surprise upset!

Today, WARRIOR OF THE LOST WORLD confronts HERCULES AGAINST THE MOON MEN for Turkey Day bragging rights! Which episode will reign supreme? Your votes decide!

9 Likes

Well, SOMEBODY’s gotta post this; might as well get it out of the way.

Join Us Mystery Science Theater 3000 GIF by MOODMAN

14 Likes

No, not the Sandstorm! Anything but that! Have mercy!

5 Likes

Gotta go Hercules Against the Moon Men. Pizza Pizza and the Sandstorm and all that. DEEP HURTING!

Plus, it was never featured in a Turkey Day Marathon.

Also, JUSTICE FOR DADDY-O

8 Likes

Moon Men!

4 Likes

Saaaaaaaandstorm!

5 Likes

Hercules Against the Moon Men is probably my favorite episode.

7 Likes

I picked Moon Men, but whether I win or not I’m excited that my vote and comment showed up instantly. Usually there’s some snarl and I have to come back later and try again.

6 Likes

This is a very tough call because both of these episodes are so rock-solid. Warrior has so much going on and has the ultimate trump card of Megaweapon. Hercules Against the Moon Men is a riffing paradise and has Deep Hurting. I really want both but I guess you can’t have everything.

6 Likes

Sandstorm!
DEEP HURTING!!!

Moon Men is a funnier episode.

3 Likes

Maybe I don’t understand how this works. Didn’t Warrior of the Lost World already win battle #3?

2 Likes

There is a bracket thingy.

It’s in the latest official update.

2 Likes

If you don’t vote for Megaweapon, Megaweapon will crush your bike.

5 Likes

10 Likes

Tale O’ The Tape?

• Moon Men ranked 48th in the Top 100, Lost World 27… we are 2 for 2 in going with/or against the poll.

• Moon Men has never been featured on Turkey Day / Warrior been featured twice, in 2017 and 2018

• Best Movie - Warrior has a score of 2.6 at IMDB, 2.0 at Letterboxd / Moon Men is 2.9 at IMDB, but 1.8 at Letterboxd - so they split the vote

• And yeah this is Sand Storm vs Megaweapon

This is a bummer because I love the Herc eps… save for Moon Men, but then, he’s not even Herc, he’s Maciste, and the actual title of the movie translates as Maciste and the Queen of Samar. Despite it never being on TD, I can’t vote for it, it’s one of my bottom 3 episodes. I just… no, don’t find it all that funny - so, Warrior.

4 Likes

This is the first one I’m not really conflicted about. I’m voting Warrior for a lot of reasons, but mostly this one.

2 Likes

Okay, maybe it’s me, but I don’t understand what’s funny about Megaweapon.

2 Likes

Megaweapon isn’t funny so much as glorious schadenfreude as it destroys that hellspawn motorcycle. Megaweapon is arguably the film’s protagonist.

5 Likes

I think the joke is that the film’s human protagonist has so little screen presence that he’s completely upstaged by a truck with some spiky things hot-glued to it.

(This isn’t entirely Paper Chase Guy’s fault, either. They should’ve waited a week for his dental surgery to heal before filming. Also, somebody should’ve gotten a notebook to write out the script, instead of just three bar napkins.)

7 Likes