TURKEY DAY TOURNAMENT 2021: DEATHMATCH! The Magic Voyage of Sinbad vs Hercules Against the Moon Men

We now have the four fan-selected episodes for Turkey Day! The winners are:

The Magic Voyage of Sinbad
Hercules Against the Moon Men
The Brain That Wouldn’t Die
and Prince of Space!

I’m definitely surprised by some of these, myself. But we’re not going to just stop voting – that would be silly! Let’s keep going and find out which episode is the ceremonial “winner” of the 2021 Turkey Day Tournament.

10 Likes

Hercules Against the Moon Men is a fun episode.

The Magic Voyage of Sinbad is a transcendent episode, a top five installment in my book.

Make mine Sinbad (even though he’s not Sinbad).

8 Likes

All of the Ptushko films are such a cozy watch this time of year. There is an undeniable beauty and joyfulness to them, no matter how silly they are in translation. Sinbad is an especially notable episode, both for the film and the host segments. Truly among the best of the best.

7 Likes

Love Sinbad, but must select Moon Men because after all it has “GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE!!” baked right in.

7 Likes

I voted for Magic Moon Men: The Hercules And Sinbad Story.

2 Likes

Damn that’s a toughie… two of my all time favorites… but Moon Men IS the origin for DEEEEEEP HURRRRRTING

4 Likes

Top 10 episode vs bottom 10 episode? Hmm, what shall I choose, what shall I choose…

1 Like

Are you sure one of them isn’t #43?

Just a reminder that all talk of topping and bottoming belongs in the NSFW subforum.

3 Likes

Sorry…

2 Likes

What about side-hacking, side-loading, and side-talkin’?

2 Likes

Is it too late to ship Abbott x Costello in my fan fics?

I take no sides there, except perhaps a side of fries.

1 Like

Old boomer Jake, scratches his head in confusion and google searches, “Meaning of ship in fan fic?” Returns, now in the know, pretends he understood all the time and answers with an erudite…

No

4 Likes

Call me a heretic but I find Sinbad to just be so BORING. The riffing and host segments are great, but getting through the movie is hard regardless. Hercules vs. the Moon Men has it all. Perfect riffing, solid host segments, AND a movie that borders on watchability. To me there is no question that HAtMM is the clear, obvious, transcendent winner and that Sinbad doesn’t deserve to wipe up Herc’s pec sweat.

3 Likes

And Herc isn’t really Herc, it’s all a lie!

So let’s call it was it is, Sadko vs Maciste! And may the better man, or episode (which is Sadko) :wink: win

(joshing, in truth, movie-wise I really enjoyed the early Bartolomeo Pagano silent era films I’ve seen - Cabiria, Maciste, The Warrior, Maciste in Hell - and the later Maciste movie they did on MST)

3 Likes

Just the opposite here. Moon Men is plodding, just like the eponymous monsters.

3 Likes

I’m in the camp of the pseudo-historical/mythical epics being the toughest movies to get through, but I’ll give the nod to Sinbad on the basis that there’s so much energy in the original (before it got Cormanised into mush). Tough to choose on the riffing/host segments as both are pretty on point.

2 Likes

mst3k505rosnibon

One thing’s for certain: we could all use some more water here.

4 Likes

It’s only too late in the sense that fans were probably already doing so before the term was even coined.

1 Like

Congrats Sadko on the well-deserved victory. Though I don’t expect you’ll be able to overtake Prince of Space, which I anticipate will easily dispatch Brain on its way to being crowned king of the turkeys, you’ll always be tops with me!

3 Likes