𝘽𝙚𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙙 Turkeydome 2: The Destruction of Myles Standish! (née, Post-Tournament Turkeying)

Fixed it for ya!

5 Likes

Much ta! Now I wonder, just how much Standish is in this thread?

5 Likes

Is there a conversion from Miles O’Keeffe to Myles of Standish?

4 Likes

Though I’m into the whole Carnival Magic experience, Avalanche is arguably their funniest, at least that’s the one that gets the most laughs out of me.

I do like the Painted Hills/Day Time Ended combo, and neither has been featured on T-day.

My favorite episode has also never been seen on one of these marathons, Jack Frost.

So in terms of pure comedy bliss and Turkey Day newness, hows about…

Painted Hills for a Joel
Jack Frost for a Mike
Avalanche for a Jonah

And the 4th? Starfighters, as after dinner viewing, you know, to liven up the place, keep y’all from falling asleep. :yawning_face: :wink:

7 Likes

I’m hazarding a guess that there’s at least 3,218 meters worth.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind Avalanche and I’d be shocked if they didn’t do at least one of the reboot episodes. Maybe a Gamera movie as a taste of something that’s coming (since we already know that one of the new eps will be a Gamera movie). Besides, we all know that Gamera is full of meat. Perfect for Turkey Day. For a Mike episode, maybe The Dead Talk Back since there’s an extensive meal scene?

And then, to wrap everything up, Invasion USA for the Date with Your Family short.

6 Likes

I love this lineup! I already mentioned Avalanche would be my pick from the newest seasons, Jack Frost is an all-time favorite, and Painted Hills is one that I actually haven’t watched many times, so for me it’s a pretty great blend of familiar and underwatched. And then Starfighters to aid the food coma :yawning_face::turkey:

5 Likes

Very much agree that this would be a lovely Turkey Day inclusion. I honestly think it fits better thematically than Sinbad, too.

5 Likes

Imagine if they throw everyone for a curveball and premiere the first episode of season 13 on Turkey Day, just like how they would premiere episodes during Turkey Day on Comedy Central. Or they finally show a KTMA episode for once. Cosmic Princess would be a good one, since they have the rights to Space: 1999.

6 Likes

How much Standish do you suppose will be in this year’s marathon?

2 Likes

Great thread idea!

But yeah, I think you’re all onto something by guessing that we’re going to get Jonah episodes. If this year is going to follow the example of last year’s, I think we’ll get two Jonah episodes thrown into the mix.

As for the rest? Season 1 and Season 10 have been underrepresented in Turkey Day Marathons, so I suppose we’ll get titles from those eras.

If I had to guess?

112 - Untamed Youth
1003 - Merlin’s Shop of Mystical Wonders
1106 - Starcrash
1201 - Mac and Me

3 Likes

“X is not a very good movie” is just about the most inane statement you can make regarding an mst3k experiment :joy::joy:

6 Likes

So what’s your point?

2 Likes

I guess here’s another unlikely one i’d like to see, Robot Monster. I know S1 episodes don’t really get a lot of coverage during turkey day which is a complete shame. I rewatched this one recently and had a blast. Another great one S1 is The Black Scorpion. There’s something about the style of season 1 that i kind of just love, it has a distinct charm.
As for something that i think is a bit more likely, i’d love to see Track Of The Moon Beast. It’s one of my favorites, and it really makes me want to sit around with the family eating chicken, corn, chili, green pepper…onions. Not to mention the harmonious beauty of California Lady.

7 Likes

I just re-watched The Black Scorpion recently, and it is such fun! Gotta love all the bendy man puppets :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yongary and Starcrash are the 2 Netflix era movies I watch the most. Overdrawn at the Memory Bank is a huge favorite. (Again if anyone has an unriffed copy they’re willing to sell, please let me know. ) I like telling the motorcycle to shut up in Warrior of the Lost World. (Donald Pleasance is in the first Witch Mountain movie. In this he actually is pleasant.)

3 Likes

Someone is selling a VHS on Mercari: https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m12581686102/

3 Likes

“Give me inanity or give me death!”

– Some famous old dude in stockings and a ponytail

4 Likes

“Stop the inanity!”

— Some guy misquoting Susan Powter

6 Likes

Wait. That’s not how it went originally?

Bummer.

2 Likes