TV Theme Songs - play or skip over?

What We Do in the Shadows

The song is catchy and the opening sequence is full of Easter eggs about the show with riffs on famous paintings.

3 Likes

Hmmmm. Not too much that I won’t skip over if I have the option. It’s great that I already see `Kolchak here and I guess I’ll toss in the original Scooby Doo theme. I usually don’t skip these two.

The way I see it if the intro doesn’t give some kind of heads up about the episode, I’m probably not going to watch it more than a few times. :hugs:

2 Likes

Cheers. That theme just calms and comforts me. Probably because I heard it a lot as a kid.

5 Likes

I have a tendency to not skip theme songs that have lyrics, those tend to appeal more to me than just music for the most part. I especially love theme that just set the tone of the show for me, like MST3K (never skip!), Golden Girlsc Forever Night, and Psych.

The ones with just music I’ll almost always skip after going through them once or twice unless I really enjoy the music. Especially if I am watching more than an episode or two back to back - after a while I just get bored and automatically skip. There are a few music only themes that I rarely skip like Star Trek and Murder She Wrote though.

3 Likes

Oh, I always skip them. It’s been a while since I’ve seen Barney Miller, though: that one gets a pass. As does Sanford and Son.

And, yes, I sometimes (I hope, anyway) irritate people at the bar by playing Rawhide (Blues Brother’s version) or the theme from Bonanza as sung by…I think Waylon Jennings is the version on the jukebox.

Darn fool kids, I prevail every time!

Among more current fare, I don’t mind the Rick and Morty music, nor that of Archer: I sometimes walk the fifteen feet to my front room and plink along with stuff like those on the keys or guitar these days.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Good choice! You might enjoy this remix as well.

AR-Robotech-BootyTrapper.mp3

2 Likes

One of my very faves (just got the DVD box set)

7 Likes

Wow that’s a weird song I like it I think.

It’s a remix of the music from the “Booby Trap” episode of the series. I’ve got a decent collection of bizarre remixes, including a lot from game soundtracks. :musical_note:

1 Like

The score of Robotech really speaks to me-if you have any more remixes of the series’ music I’d be keen to hear.

Twin Peaks - always

5 Likes

I just love the Gravity Falls theme!

2 Likes

I’ve loved Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends theme from the first time I heard it.

2 Likes

Don’t know if this counts… But anime kills with its themes. imo Evangelion has the greatest theme ever written. Never ever skipped lol

I literally have my playlist filled with Anime intros/outros its such amazing music

4 Likes

On that note… Simon & Simon Theme (Intro & Outro) - YouTube

5 Likes

Sadly that’s the only one I’ve found so far. Other anime series were popular by the time the home remixing scene really took off, so classics like Robotech and Space Battleship Yamato (aka Star Blazers) didn’t get as much of a look-in. The remix I linked is from 2002, so it’s likely older than some of the forum members here. :laughing:

1 Like

I love the intro to Emergency! until season 6 adds the voiceovers and loses most of the music. Season 5 is the best.

1 Like

“Skip intro” is the devil. I never could truck with that.

How could I possibly skip the themes for:
-Barney Miller
-MAS*H
-The Twilight Zone
-The X-Files
-The Sopranos
-any animated series, really
-Monk
-Psych
-Poirot
-Alfred Hitchcock Presents
-The Beverly Hillbillies
-The A-Team
-Magnum, P.I.

And our very own beloved MST3K, of course!

7 Likes

Anime almost always has an amazing intro/outro, but I’m usually roughly 1,000 episodes behind on any given anime, so I skip them to save like 4-6 mins/episode (then you skip recaps and “…next time on…”, and you’ve got 10-15 min episodes!).
When you binge a lot of episodes, this can save hours.

1 Like