TV's Frank

Is there supposed to be noticeable sexual attraction between Frank and Dr. Forrester?

2 Likes

lol. I think Trace Beaulieu said in an interview once that the characters’ relationship is, “Whatever it is.” We are supposed to fill in the blanks ourselves, in other words. If we feel like it.

Not sure why this is tagged Season 13, though. As neither character was in the last season.

5 Likes

Fixed that

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, I never perceived any sexual attraction between them.

4 Likes

I dunno, John Banner seemed to think there was a little something going on…

3 Likes

Pearl and Toblerone, though… Yowza!!

3 Likes

yes. It’s part of the reason I don’t like Dr. F and Tvs Frank nearly as much as most. Even though I love Trace and Frank as people/ writers/ and love Trace as Crow.

The ‘domestic couple’ stuff has aged really poorly and was never funny to begin with IMO.

1 Like

:thinking: If loving the Time Machine Dance from The Outlaw is wrong, then I don’t want to be right.

5 Likes

I thought the domestic stuff was a hoot (all that green laundry - or the Thanksgiving bits), but as far as their relationship, in those scenes, I just saw them as roomies… like Felix and Oscar.

11 Likes

I thought all the domestic stuff was just silliness and not really meant to imply actual romantic attraction, never mind sexual attraction. Ship and let ship, of course, but if one perceives a sexual attraction, I don’t think it was intentional.

6 Likes

No comment.

10 Likes

I just figured it was always based on “whatever made the sketch funnier”.

15 Likes

I just think it’s funny that Joel was wearing that same blue apron that Frank wore something like five or six season’s later when he was Auntie McFrank co-hosting the world’s second or third worst (airless) B&B. Waste not, want not I guess. :wink:

1 Like

Their relationship is exactly the same as that as Ernie and Bert or Ren and Stimpy. Does that answer your question?

7 Likes

“Frank! I’m out of the shower! I need you to towel me off!!”

“Doctor! Caramel corn’s ready! Do you want it in your Little Mermaid bowl?”

– from Manos

All I can say is: I’ve somehow muddled through far less harmonious living situations in this lifetime. :person_shrugging: Saving the details for my novel, though. :kissing: ~ ~ ~ :notes:

As Dr. Erhardt once said about Deep 13 “we’re as abstracted from reality as you are” I suspect that they’ve become codependent in a very weird way.

1 Like