Twitch Boom

Anybody a regular viewer of the MST Twitch stream? Usually the viewer count hovers around 500, but right now it’s almost 20k because the channel is right at the top of Twitch’s discover page. Kind of exciting to know some brand new msties are surely being born tonight :laughing:

18 Likes

It’s awesome when that happens :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Seeing the numbers pop up over 20k is wondrous. And there’s a big subset of Twitch streamers who are huge MST3K fans, as well. We are everywhere!

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s cool when the numbers get that high. I have it streaming a lot during the day to earn RAM so I can enter all their cool giveaways.

3 Likes

Same. Though I’ve yet to win anything :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I haven’t either, but it’s fun to try. One day we’ll get it!

2 Likes

Been watching the Twitch stream for a few weeks. Helped me thru the holidays. It’s fun!

3 Likes

Twitch has been adding more non-gaming content to the front page in recent months. I like that they’ve finally been featuring some of the very talented live musicians I’ve been watching for the last 5 years. There’s really so much more to the platform than people playing video games, and it’s good to see them finally promoting that.

3 Likes

I agree! I don’t use Twitch often but I think it’s a great platform for musicians. I’ve also seen artists do live paintings and drawings. It’s also neat to find a few channels exclusively focused on certain content, like the mst3k channel. My friend has also found one that streams nothing but episodes of Scooby-Doo, and a couple that are nothing but the show MXC :joy:

2 Likes

I’m usually on there everyday watching while I work. I won a pretty sweet SoL coffee mug from one of the giveaways my second month hanging around

3 Likes

Is anyone having trouble with Twitch this weekend (29 Jan)? I’m in southern England and since around 0600h (0100h NYC time) the Twitch stream says that “this premium content”(!) is not available in this region and VPN is blocked. MST streams fine on Pluto — maybe a Twitch glitch?

2 Likes

Having the same problem. I wonder if they’re having rights issues streaming outside the US. I hope it’s temporary because I have the stream running in the background a lot of the time.

2 Likes

Exactly my situation. “Glad” to know it’s not just me and, yes, hopefully it will get fixed. Thanks!

2 Likes

Twitch has also become a platform used by some sports organisations and/or clubs. It works really well.
I watch a bit of MST3K on it, but generally prefer to pick and choose my Experiments.

3 Likes

I don’t usually use it for earnest watching; often I’ll just put it on in the background or fall asleep to it, because it’s a constant stream and I don’t have to worry about it changing to some other show or constantly asking me if I’m still watching lol

2 Likes

I rarely watch MST3K on Twitch. I like to choose what shows I watch and I like to watch those shows ad-free. I watch MST3K on YouTube and Tubi more than I do on Twitch using the Brave browser which has a great built in ad blocker.

1 Like

I don’t mind commercials. What’s worse is the 2 minutes of droning they play on Twitch when there aren’t any commercials to run.

2 Likes

I don’t mind the two minute drone at all. Especially if you sleep to MST3K. It’s way better than suddenly having a blaring at for My Pillow or whatever.

4 Likes

Mystery Science Theater was the reason I joined Twitch. Twitch a rabit hole though lot of content.

2 Likes

Yes! I actually would love a like 10hr long Youtube vid of just the SoL floating there with the ship noise from those bumpers. It’s great white noise for sleeping :joy:

8 Likes