Twitch Boom

Same issue here (UK too), would be disappointed if Twitch isn’t accessible to us, I know there are other options but I like the chat and wouldn’t want to have to watch via 2 applications.

2 Likes

I am in the US, and although I still have access to the MS3TK page on Twitch, their streaming has not been working all weekend. Wonder if there is some larger issue involved. No problem with the Rifftrax feed, fortunately.

1 Like

I heard today in the channel that they were having issues with it being region blocked. I didn’t hear which regions were effected but North America seemed to be working

2 Likes

Exact same problem here (Japan). Didn’t need VPN before, now it doesn’t work with or without VPN.

And at this moment the channel is missing from Twitch.

The Shout!TV feed isn’t working correctly either.

EDIT: The Shout!TV feed appears to be working now (via VPN).

1 Like

I’ve not tried Shout!TV yet, but PlutoTV works fine. It suggests to me that this is a Twitch-specific issue.

Out of curiosity, it would be interesting to know why, and why now (e.g., not on a month boundary.)

We’ve all seen that international rights (streaming, ebook availability) are a complicated topic, to put it generously.

2 Likes

Ah, that’s really interesting to hear – maybe a technical issue, and not a rights thing. Or neither. Or both.

2 Likes

Twitch and Shout!TV use the same feed, so I thought that might have something to do with why I am having trouble with both now. PlutoTV is using a different feed (not playing the same episodes at the same times as the others).

1 Like

I come from the land down under and am having the same problem. I can watch the feed using MST3K — Powered by Theta Network :: Shout! Factory TV | Live Events. The problem is I am subscribed to the twitch channel and miss the community there that I have enjoyed watching with (and connecting with) over our love of MST3K.
I have resorted to watching in theta and chatting in twitch.

I have raised the issue with Shout Factory but have not heard anything yet.

2 Likes

Thanks for that link, for whatever reason it doesn’t require me to use a VPN. (I have to use a VPN on the actual Shout!FactoryTV site.)

2 Likes

So it seems that Shout Factory have permanently region blocked the MST3K channel to US/Canada ONLY. They say that this corrects an error. The error being that it wasn’t region blocked for 2 YEARS+. Very sad and makes it hard to participate in a community I have been involved in for a long time.

I can still use the above link, go figure ?!?!??!?

1 Like