Two Gamera Vs Jiger previews are up on YouTube.

One is more host focused, the other with movie clips:

21 Likes

So, with regards to that first clip, I find it incredible that no one has apparently come up with ā€œwhamera, bamera, thank you, maā€™ameraā€ before.

14 Likes

My favorite thing about that second clip?

Dr. Donna St. Phibes is BACK, baybay!

14 Likes

I think Jiger should be pronounced like the country Niger (Nee-szehr). Ergo, Gee-szehr. Itā€™s very French, just like Jiger!

donā€™t ask how I know sheā€™s French, I just do

1 Like

Great stuff! Just that little bit more excited!

(That ā€œElectric Avenueā€ riff. :laughing:)

6 Likes

FWIW, in Japanese itā€™s 怌ć‚øćƒ£ć‚¤ć‚¬ćƒ¼ć€(ā€œJaigāā€)

5 Likes

Dr. Donna St. Phibes returns!!! This was too good an opportunity not to use her.

5 Likes

Be ready people!!! This is an unedited episode. The entire movie had to be riffed. The writers in interviews discussed the problems involved in having to write for the whole thing. This should be EPIC!!!

6 Likes

Wish Friday evening would get here already. This is going to be fun!

6 Likes

I think weā€™ve hit the turtle meat mother lode!

8 Likes

Is it just me or are the mads not aware of the 90s Gamera run? Also, that one construction site joke Crow made reminds me of that one Canadian safety short Rifftrax did.

7 Likes

I would guess that The Mads may not be the most knowledgeable about film history.

3 Likes

I mean, I hate to use strong language, butā€¦ the Mads seem kinda dumb.

9 Likes

To be fair on that regard, remembering things of the past only happens when it suits the purpose. Like how in Mikeā€™s debut they mentioned he was trained with ā€œBeast of Yucca Flatsā€ before the initial experiment for him, but then later showed fear of the movie as if he hadnā€™t before.

3 Likes

I mean Iā€™ve seen Beast of Yucca Flats and Iā€™d still be scaredā€¦

6 Likes

Heck, the 90ā€™s Gamera movies were better than the 90ā€™s Godzilla movies, it was a weird decade.

3 Likes

Wow. Thatā€™s gonna be great!

ā€œYou can have a treat, just this onceā€

How many episodes have unedited movies? And how did they have such restraint that this didnā€™t immediately become the norm once unshackled from terrestrial television?

1 Like

I for one am thankful for the editing in most of the movies. This is MST3K, not The Criterion Collection.

4 Likes

Someone, Joel?? mentioned during one of the after shows that most of the movies are edited for time and content when necessary to keep the show family-friendly. He also mentioned that you would find out exactly WHY those episodes were usually edited with the Gamera movie (since they had to agree to show it in its entirety). I think the gist of his point was, be careful what you wish for. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Both very reasonable.

3 Likes