Unable to Chat While Watching Live

“Join the conversation” it says. I try, then nothing happens. I try to login, and it just sits there, not acknowledging my input. I tried to log out and then back in, refreshing, none of it works. I’m not much for live chats, but every now and then I would like to chime in. But I can’t.

If anyone has a fix for this, please let me know. Happy Turkey Day! :turkey:

What platform & browser are you using?

I’m on a Win10 64 bit system and I use Chrome, Edge, and Firefox.

Turn off ublock origin. It conflicts with the chat software

Where would I find that? I don’t see it in my extensions.

It’s an ad blocker. When I’ve had problems with the chat, it’s due to ublock. If you don’t have that one, you may have to go through your extensions one by one to see which one is creating the conflict.

Hmm, I think I’m just going to leave it alone and accept that I can’t chat. It started happening out of the blue and I haven’t added any new extensions since I’ve been a member here, so I’m not going to muck anything up if I can avoid it.

There’s always the main thread here. Lots of folks watching together.

1 Like

I’ve had problems with Mac/Crome on several occasions. FireFox has yet to let me down. Unfortunately, the Arena chat software is not the most reliable.

I also started having issues joining chat, starting a few livestreams ago. I still try each time but so far no luck. I was able to do it for the first few no problem, it just stopped letting me for some reason.

That is pretty much exactly what happened to me. Chat was automatically logged in when I joined the live stream and it just suddenly one day stopped working.

The chat is a third-party app. The production has no control over it. If you’ve tried turning off things like browser extensions, and the chat still doesn’t work, it sounds like browsers made updates that basically broke the interface.