Unexpected Cast in MST3K Movies

How about Demi Moore in Master Ninja? Also, Crystal Bernard, George Lazemby, and my favorite Monte Markham. Some good guest stars in those episodes…er movies!

9 Likes

And Beau Bridges

3 Likes

Jack Palance about 30 times.

7 Likes

Daran Norris was also the voice of the pigeon in Bolt. He made a terrific career doing voices for kids movies/tv etc. If you’ve seen the Hobgoblins 20 year reunion feature, Norris loved doing the Club Scum MC. He seems really likable.

8 Likes

Sure, Beau Bridges, Tommy Kirk, Ron Howard…what about Joy Bang!?! Why won’t anyone talk about Joy Bang?! (Joy Interrobang‽) OK, I only know about her because I’m a fan of Messiah of Evil, but still…that’s just not a name you forget.

She was born Joy Wener, but she married a guy name Rick Bang or something. It’s just so…improbable!

4 Likes

Despite the constant drubbings he takes both onscreen and via riff in the Master Ninjas, I was amused to see Timothy Van Patten as “star.” When we were kids, my big sister was an avid watcher of The White Shadow and she had a thing for him, big-time. I keep forgetting to ask her if she knows about him becoming an award-winning writer and director later on.

6 Likes

David Warner in Delta Knights.

12 Likes

I remember when the titles for Netflix Season 1 were announced, I couldn’t believe my eyes, because Avalanche was a movie me and my friends had been “home riffing” for years.

You can keep your Farrow / Hudson white hot sexual chemistry… my favorite character from Avalanche is Action Ambulance!

5SecondsApp_664203823.045622

“With REAL ambulance action!”

Personal amazement happened again when they announced “The Gauntlet” episodes, with Killer Fish making me go “whoaaaaa…!” I have a dub of a dub of a dub of the movie on VHS given to me by a friend in 1994 (!) when we met in an AOL MST3K chat room. It was recorded from a broadcast on KTLA, still had the little weather pop-ups on it.

I mean KAREN BLACK!?!

O, the Voluptuous Horror!

11 Likes

Gene Hackman in Space Travelers

9 Likes

Salami! Wait…Bologna? It was some kind of cold cut.

“The Last Drive-In” showed Class of 1984 last season and Joe Bob did a deep dive into Van Patten family history. Like, I had always just assumed that Timothy was the son of Dick, but no! They’re brothers! (Half-brothers?) And the family tree goes back to the 19th century as actors, and its branches spread far-and-wide in the entertainment industry…

5 Likes

Half brothers 52 years apart. Wow. Never knew.

4 Likes

But since they are half brothers, that makes them only 26 years apart. Unless either of them was born in a country which uses the metric system. I think. It’s been a while since I last had a math class. :man_shrugging:t3:

7 Likes

Yeah, that was a slight mistake in the riffing in the Master Ninja episodes. They also referred to Tim and Vince as brothers when Vince is Tim’s half-nephew (I think).

4 Likes

The family tree is quite impressive. They cut Joe Bob off when he started going back to the 17th century Dutch van Pattens…

4 Likes

Also, Dick owned a fancy pet food company for awhile. Somewhere I have a picture of our fluffy orange beast with her back end sticking out of a near-empty kibble bag. Even pets had to submit to The Van Patten Empire. (R.I.P.- Butterscotch the Evil)

4 Likes
3 Likes

Cliff McCormick from Veronica Mars in Hobgoblins

2 Likes

Seeing Jonathan Demme, the director of Philadelphia and the Best Picture Oscar winner The Silence of the Lambs, surface in an acting role in The Incredible Melting Man is something of a surprise.

8 Likes

Rick Baker as well.

5 Likes

I forgot about Avalanche. I always liked Robert Forster. Saw him as a kid in Disney’s The Black Hole and later in my 20’s in Jackie Brown. What a terrific character actor, sad that he passed a couple of years back.

5 Likes