Unexpected MST3K Episode Cast Pairings

Watching Deathstalker, I couldn’t help but think, “if only this guy (Thom Christian, aka “Troxartis” and “crabby hat guy”) was in something with Sid Haig!” And thanks to the magic of the internet, I found out that they were both in Season 2, episode 1 of “Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.”

How often did cast members from one episode cross over with another? You tell me!

8 Likes

I can’t prove it, but I guarantee you that everyone in Mitchell except maybe Joe Don Baker was on Columbo at some point.

5 Likes

Well, many of the Gamera actors show up in different roles in different episodes.

But here’s a random one: Richard Crenna and James Franciscus were, of course, in Marooned but they were also both in the movie of Jonathan Livingston Seagull.

6 Likes

I have a theory that every actor of a certain period that was either at the end of their career or the beginning of it appeared in Murder, She Wrote.

7 Likes

Lon Chaney Jr. and Claude Akins (and his butt) were in The Defiant Ones.

And John Carradine (“NIGHT TRAIN TO MUNDO FINE…!”) and Dom DeLuise (“Hello, my baby…!”) were in The Secret of NIMH.

5 Likes

If you haven’t seen it yet, this thread has a link to the most AMAZING graph of MST3K relationships that @SandyFrank made. It’s not answering the question in this thread but it’s adjacent so if you’re interested in who’s been in what with whom, check it out!

9 Likes

Rather shockingly, nobody in Mitchell was on “Columbo” except Detective Aldridge, who had a couple of bit parts:

But! Martin Balsam and John Saxon were both on “Murder She Wrote”.

I would’ve guessed with Squid but MSW is the clear “winner” in this case.

7 Likes

We did this a few months ago in another thread, and if I recall, the big winner for Columbo appearances was Marooned (Space Travelers) with Lee Grant and Mariette Hartley.

8 Likes

Antoinette Bower (the woman doctor in Being From Another Planet) was also on Columbo (“Negative Reaction”) and Murder She Wrote (“If It’s Thursday, It Must Be Beverly”).

She was also in 1967’s A Death Of Innocence, with Tisha Sterling from Village Of The Giants. (“It’s good for the legs. So they say…”) Looks like our Riding With Death friend Richard Dysart also appeared with Bower in First, You Cry.

7 Likes

Austin Stoker and Darwin Joston in Being From Another Planet (1982).

1 Like

One more for the stats: Dagmar Lassander is the W.O.I. giver-of-watches (& other not-family-hour things) in Devil Fish. Her film debut was in a German pulp adaptation called Murderers Club Of Brooklyn, starring none other than George Nader as a detective named Jerry Cotton!

C’mon! You totally want MST3K to find this in riffable English, don’t you? I know it’s my new life goal.

3 Likes

Carol Mathews (the cop in Swamp Diamonds) and Cathy Downs (the society lady in The She Creature and the finance in The Amazing Colossal Man) are both in a Western called Massacre River. Do they have any lines together? It’s the movies, so not likely. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes