Update for 3/12: Episode 1301 now in the Event Pass! Plus: HELP US TROUBLESHOOT!

I read how the audio was working fine for most in the e-mail and it occurred to me what a headache lining the audio tracks must be

1 Like

As a random aside; theres some minor video distortion of the Boggy Creek episode from 38 min to 40. Dont judge me for paying that close attention to Boggy Creek, lol

3 Likes

baby sasquatch would approve

3 Likes

brand new short and post-discussion with manos? niceeeeeeeeee. i feel very spoiled with all the level of extra stuff we’re getting, thanks for going the extra mile!

3 Likes

“Well cuz’n - the lil one looks just like the biggun”

4 Likes

I have to say, the way I felt to have my silly thread get featured in this week’s update was something special.

3 Likes

I added an event to my Google calendar for every 2 weeks from March 18th to Infinity. Yes, I have high hopes for the Gizmoplex. :grin::grin::grin:

:v::heart::film_projector::artificial_satellite::robot::new_moon:

2 Likes

I’m in the process of moving (oy vey!) so I’m not sure I’m gonna make the livestream on Manos.

1 Like

The main audio issue I have is the movie sounds too low in comparison to the volume of the riffs. Bit like hearing the punchline but not the setup. Cc wise, could include a movie only version, which would also help the audio thing.

3 Likes

Im having a better time with the audio this go around.

I also like that women are four times as resistant to time travel as men, which is such an off the cuff remark that im cracking up.

3 Likes

I am really amazed that they can’t hear any issues in the volume on their end…

It all generally sounds better on headphones on my laptop than on my home theater so this comment is based on that…

Watch the scene where the little girl character is introduced at about the 10 min mark. Listen to the volume difference between the dialogue in the movie and Jonah’s ‘FIRST WE WRESTLE/BODYSLAM’ Riff.

Now let’s go to an even harder to hear section at the 30 min mark… when they shout ‘You don’t know! and HOW!’ it’s way too loud considering how loud I have to turn it up to hear the movie at a comfortable volume.

Now at the same volume settings you have for that scene rewind back to Kinga’s saying the movie title at the 5 mins and 35 second mark. Her voice is much louder than the voices in the theater.

I went and pulled up Samson vs The Vampire Women episode on Youtube. Even with the bad print and sound in that film the sound level consistency is WAY better. I don’t have to change the volume between the host segments and the theater, I can always hear the movie dialogue and the riffs never hurt my ears.

I am grateful they added the survey at the end of this rough cut and that they are showing interest in making it better… I hope it can be fixed before May and future episodes… but I am puzzled why they can’t hear the issues we have been talking about. They seem to be fixated on it being from ‘the method we are watching’… based on my comparison between the old samson episode and the new one I would strongly suggest they need to look a bit harder at how they mixed the sound in the first place.

7 Likes

bonus thought: I think Baron sounds a lot quieter than Jonah and Crow in the theater generally. There are a couple moments that I don’t hear him well even though the riffing is very loud at that volume in general.

4 Likes

The rough cut was way worse for me. With the Livestream it was a minor issue, with this it was unwatchable, or rather, unlistenable. The movie was a whisper, the riffing was a scream.

2 Likes

for the livestream I watched on my home theater setup and at the time I thought it might be an issue on my end with those settings… but it’s still a big issue on my laptop with headphones on while watching Samson vs the vampire women with the same laptop and headphones is a lot better.

1 Like

Also just watched a bit of Wizards of the Lost Kingdom from season 11. No sound issues on that episode. yet another data point that shows that the mixing for 1301 is not due to my equipment.

One thing I was reminded of when I watched that… In addition to the overall good mix I am detecting a subtle muting of the movie when jonah and the bots do a riff. It seems like the overall volume is up compared to santo and then they turn it down a bit when a riff is being said. You can still generally hear the movie in those moments but it allows the movie to be at a higher volume without drowning the riffs out when they are said.

Does anyone else notice that from Season 11?

3 Likes

As strange as this will sound, we genuinely believe different people might be hearing different things, because we’re getting almost equal numbers of reports that it’s fine. We’re not “fixated” on it being the method someone’s using. We’re trying to figure out how to recreate the problem consistently, which means checking all possible variables.

This is our point: what you’re hearing might not be the same thing some other viewers – or our team – are hearing. So, we’re trying to figure out what’s going on. Hence the survey!

4 Likes

Can you provide the URL for Troubleshooting Survey somewhere other than at the end of the Santos recording? As I reported elsewhere on the forums, in the Roku app the Forward and Reverse controls are not working, and we do not want to re-watch the entire Santos episode just to get to that URL!
Thanks!

1 Like

I am but a simpleton. Here is the TCL Roku TV I used.

I am less inclined to complain about Audio because i have, in the past, had issues with other movies whispering at me the lines and blasting out the special effects.

But I swear, the livestream was causing glass to vibrate whenever someone riffed bc I couldnt hear the movie below “18”

2 Likes

Dont try to guess at what the tv reflects, im packing and its so random it might drive you mad o.0

2 Likes

I hear ya ivan. It’s even more confusing now cause i am seeing a lot of folks saying it was worse in the rough cut vs the livestream…

Must be really frustrating for you guys.

At this point i am thinking of how I could capture the playback i am getting and send you the footage. Would you guys be interested in that to match the timestamped examples I mentioned?

1 Like