USA Up All Night

Back then when we didn’t have to race for The Cure, the big thing was The Cure vs Morrissey. Did I mention that he cried?

3 Likes

I used to watch so many bad movies on there. Mostly Troma. It and MST3K were my primary sources for weird cinema. Except maybe HBO. I remember watching Troll 2 on HBO.

2 Likes

Didn’t watch it too much, but I did like Rhonda Shear and was a 90s staple imo.

1 Like

Did anyone else catch the A Very Beastmaster Christmas on TBS? Marc Singer sitting by a tree and cozy fire with various animals, reading letters and hosting all the Beastmasters plus other cheesy movies. I thought it might have been an annual thing, but evidently it only aired in 1995?

The only artifacts I can find are this segment:

and this commercial:

3 Likes

Man, that opened a weird flood of nostalgia.

There’s a cut of mst3k ep final sacrifice someone somewhere uploaded on YouTube that still had the old sci-fi channel commercials and, just seeing it spelled in the “old way”.

Sigh.

2 Likes
1 Like

Ha! That door they’re cowering against as the Golden Retriever hops up on them must’ve been standard issue for the '80s.

2 Likes

I want to, and yet I don’t want to, know how Doc Spencer is making out these days

1 Like

I’ll check.

5 out of 5 stars on Vetstr, so I guess he’s doing fine.

Now, Doc Spencer Silver(no s), inventor of the Post It note? He died this May, at the age of 80. You can visit his plaque at the mortuary which is cool because you can’t pull it off the wall, unless you grab it at an angle, then you can just push it back on again.

2 Likes

Have only recently discovered this. Something weird provided flicks for exploitica back in the day too, but the something weird playlist doesn’t showcase their show properly. Some crossovers with mst3k along the way , source material wise.

1 Like