Usernames You Could've Chosen, But Didn't

Keyser Soze. My wife just watched The Usual Suspects last weekend, so now she gets the references I use often. However, the name is …. Well, it’s a little dark.

Close second, Minister of Silly Walks.

Why don’t I use MST3K related names? There are a lot of creative screens names that have come to fruition without my help.

5 Likes

Zingelbert Bembledack, Tringelbert Wangledack, Sl&t Bunwalla, Klingybun Fistelvase, Dindlebert Zindledack, Gerry Dorsey, Engelbert Humptyback, Zengelbert Bingledack, Engelbert Humperdinck, Vingelbert Wingledanck…

9 Likes

Was gonna be PyoomaMan or PumaMan. Screw you, Donald Pleasance!

4 Likes

I’mthegod!I’mthegod!

But I don’t know if you can use punctuation.

5 Likes

TVGM

One of my favorite sketches. A pic of Crow in his turkey volume guessing man costume would have been a pretty good avatar.

16 Likes

One of my other usernames elsewhere is imcrushingyrhead, which is a reference to the Head Crusher from Kids in the Hall. My derby name, similarly, was Hedda Crusher.

15 Likes

I got to thinking - my username does have an MST connection, as a riff source. Bridget and MJ even referenced it in their recent(ish) “Mother of the Bride” riff.

Still, “Dickweed” as a unsername has laugh potential, like if someone addressed me personally with a difference of opinion, and said… “Your wrong, dickweed”, or “Where did you get that idea, dickweed?” or “I prefer stuffing to potatoes, dickweed” - Imagine all the bannings for abusive name-calling? :rofl:

In another thread, I mentioned my sister used to call me Eeyore, she also called me Sgt. Joe Friday, because of how I’d lose patience with drawn-out explanations (“Just the facts, ma’am”), so those are others I could have gone with.

5 Likes

It’s from a late-80s/early 90s Cyberpunk game. DataAngels were people who had uploaded themselves to the net and ceased to have a physical form. I’m a complete introvert and have pretty debilitating social anxiety, so I only really “exist” online.

6 Likes

I like Lowkeeba. I laughed out loud the first time I saw your name.

5 Likes

I was in such a rush to sign up I just used my real name but the wonderful community manager @Lesley just waved her wand and made me Pearls_Mint!

Warning, I may cause you to fall in love with an evil mad scientist.

8 Likes

. . .Jerry Dorsey . . .

4 Likes

Full_of_Skit

8 Likes

I’m confussed - tried to edit then delete and that didn’t work. Anyway, deleted because I got my Baseball Dorsey’s mixed up, so the joke was a fail.

3 Likes

We still like you, though.

4 Likes

All my old names are comfortably abandoned. My name is Sarah. But I wanna play too.

funnyusername
Grumpy Old Raver
Dances with Toddlers
Luchador Extreme
Get On My Lawn
Not Mike
Waverly v. 2.08.473.91
Escape from SF
Whæt
Human Suit 2 Tight
Hoser Bot 9000

11 Likes

I just had to narrow down my list and the ones I passed over (don’t know if any are already in use)…

SweetFloppyFrank
EndlessFrank
MatchesForMikey
Mintgiver (someone’s gotta have this one right?)

Ultimately I wanted something related to one of the women of MST3K; I stay gender-neutral on most social media thanks to the… unpleasantness women can encounter. But here I’m lettin’ it all hang out… lady style

9 Likes

Can’t believe they passed over MJ for an Ace award. Her work in Hobgoblins will live on forever (long after the couch has to be retired).

4 Likes

Thanks @DataAngel! I love that you reference sandwich making panic in your bio. That’s one of my all-time favorite host segments.

Is it an odor?

5 Likes

You get heckled if you try to rip-off the APP…

3 Likes

Something in me is broken. I read this in Tom Servo’s (Kevin’s) voice…

8 Likes