Vault Picks

So I’m seeing the recent announcement saying pass holders will be able to stream all of the classic episode. Am I missing something or does that make the Vault Picks membership irrelevant?

4 Likes

I was wondering the same thing. Will they just be for once the ‘Plex goes back to episodes with ads?

Because I was assuming the ad-free is just a limited period, and just is just to get us hooked!

3 Likes

Possibly, but if I have to choose between a rotating selection of six episodes or a steady collection of 125+ episodes, I’m pretty sure I know my preference.

6 Likes

I have been wondering the same thing. I was wondering if maybe the functionality of the Vault Pick would change somehow.

But I’m not really sure how they could change them up besides just having these episode be ad-free or something like that.

2 Likes

Ivan responded to this same query on Kickstarter. In his words, "The Vault Picks were partly created because we weren’t sure we WOULD be able to offer the entire classic collection on-demand. Now that we know we can, I’m betting we’ll re-evaluate what we can do to enhance the Vault Picks, rather than just making them “featured episodes.”

16 Likes

I do hope the Vault Picks stick around. As someone who sometimes has a case of the Undecideds when it comes to picking an episode to watch, a select group of options is definitely appreciated.

13 Likes

I thought the 125 episode thing was temporary?

2 Likes

The “ad-free” is temporary.

7 Likes

Maybe keep the Vault Picks themed, and if people watch all six that month they unlock a badge on their profile?

16 Likes

A monthly Deep Hurting award, I like it!

10 Likes

And if you watch all the Vault Picks in every month, you get a “did I mention that I cried?” Badge

6 Likes

Aaah okay, thanks!

3 Likes

Thanks for the responses everyone! I’m really excited that this thing is finally underway and still growing.

4 Likes

What if there was like a scavenger hunt of worts with the vault picks. Where there was a contest each month, over the vault pick episodes and the first Mystie to find something, or get an answer right, got to pick a free episode for keepsies, or a t shirt or some mytie prize?!?

*I was going to edit out worts for sorts, but I kinda like this.

4 Likes