Very disillusioned right now

Well, I’ve already made my feelings about Denny’s known in other threads. No point in going through that again.

5 Likes

I think this is the case for a lot of people. Kickstarters like this that are at 500-1,000% of their goal within hours of go-live are likely to have people not pledge because they don’t care about the perks offered, and the goal has already been smashed past. I know that has been me with other campaigns. I look at it a few hours after go-live and it is triple its stated goal, and I end up not pledging.

5 Likes

I always toss a handful of change to the RT fundraisers. It’s my version of a polite “Thank You for the affordable Friends page.” But I’m not a completist, and I can’t even find enough time to watch everything already available to me. Plus, they’re going to do just fine whether I show up or not.

4 Likes

They were pushed back a few times from the original estimated date of November 2016, being delivered mostly in November 2017. But even after the bulk of the rewards were delivered, there was the issue with the missing Mystery Gift add-ons that were never accounted for when the order was placed. That resulted in people waiting almost an additional year in some cases for replacement gifts, more if they chose the coffee table book which finally went out summer/fall of 2019. There was also an issue with some t-shirts and hoodies that were ordered as add-ons not being shipped out with the backer rewards, and being mailed out almost a year later. And I almost forgot, but remembered just now looking through my records, the issue they had with providing region-locked DVDs to international backers who couldn’t watch them, after they promised region-free sets. That took several months extra to resolve, as well.

2 Likes

My Backerkit shows shipments going out in August 2017, just a few months after the season aired. That was DVD, T-Shirts, posters and all. Didn’t get the mystery reward, so maybe that slowed it down for some people. IIRC, November was the estimated season air date, and that did get pushed back by a few months. My Kickstarter pledge shows an estimated delivery date of February 2017, so it was off by 6 months. (But I also knew darn well I wasn’t getting my DVDs before they even aired on Netflix.)

3 Likes

I wasn’t watching the show when Bill took over for Crow and I don’t think I knowingly watched one of his episodes until maybe mid 20-teens. When I realized I hadn’t noticed the difference for several episodes, I was :scream:. I wasn’t seeing the host segments. Pretty sure Rifftrax helped me straighten that one out.
I had some difficulty with telling Baron and Hampton apart at first, but once I saw them speaking on the livestreams, that helped straighten that out.

4 Likes

But it was resolved. You act as though those backers were just left out in the cold. They weren’t. And I can guarantee, the staff weren’t sitting back chortling about it. they were trying to find a solution as quickly as possible. This is a small operation, not Amazon. If something goes pear-shaped, it will take a lot more effort and time to sort out.

I backed for 13 episodes and shorts. I got 13 episodes and shorts. The stuff will come when it comes.

19 Likes

You know, if it came to that, I’d do the same.

3 Likes

Seems like the big mistake here was doing business with a warehouse that can’t calculate shipping costs in anything like an acceptable time frame. What are they using, an abacus? A small child who knows chisanbop? I know little old ladies who sell stuff on Etsy who could have had all this out by now.

3 Likes

Can’t be an abacus. Haven’t you ever seen one of those fluff news segments where they compete an Asian kid with an abacus against an adult with a calculator and the Asian kid always beats the calculator?

2 Likes

Oh you just hate abacuseseses because you love kool ade. Or something.

4 Likes

It’s all flavor aid and calculators with you young whippersnappers, these days!!

In my day, we drank from the hose, and counted on our fingers and toes… need to count over 20- TOO BAD!!!

6 Likes

On the contrary, I’m fighting against Big Calculator.

2 Likes

Go eatcher Chupa Chups, old man!

4 Likes

Fun fact: The Chupa Chups logo was designed by Salvador Dali.

6 Likes

That’ll set you back $14. Wish I was kidding. The indigestion is still free, though.

5 Likes

Woof. That’s outrageous. That makes me miss my trip to GA last year- Waffle House is good and cheap and doesn’t hit as hard to your insides…

2 Likes

Okay, now I’m disillusioned.

3 Likes

I don’t think the “grand slam” is on the menu anymore, but I had a standard greezy spoon breffist, and it was $14. Maybe that’s what gave me indigestion.

Nah.

2 Likes

I’m taking my kids to Waffle House on Saturday for their first time. Can’t wait!

7 Likes