Very disillusioned right now

Remember their ad with the Kaiju-sized version that almost scared the poor spokesman to death? :sos:

2 Likes

Someone said MST3K pizzelles.

Futurama Buy GIF

3 Likes

This was Woody Guthrie’s most powerful work, IMHO.

2 Likes

You’re right. I was mistaken because I forgot that there were waves of shipping.

I dug out my physical rewards from storage. My t-shirt and postcards have an invoice date of 12/19/16, and the stickers, tiki mug, and keychain went out 3/30/17.

On the March 2017 invoice, there’s a message that says. “Reminder: One more round of awards will ship later this summer, including DVDs, Mystery Gifts, Minibots, Coffee Table Books, and more!”

I was going off the Kickstarter 2015 Update #63 that said remaining rewards would ship in November 2017 and the comments to the following update in November where people reported receiving them.

7 Likes

Hello Sirs! My invention is brought to you in part by the United States Parcel Service. What if it was possible to get two or three different size boxes, and use them to send things, like say kickstarter rewards. AND, you’d know how much the shipping would be by the size of the box. Now imagine you had a warehouse full of kickstarter items, on, say Dec. 1st. Why, by just making your way through 200 orders a day (perhaps with help from volunteers) you could send almost 25,000 orders by April 1st! Just imagine! If only we lived in that world, instead of a world where seemingly two people in a Raiders of the Lost Ark-style warehouse must hand weigh each order on a scale from an apothecary, compute figures, and still not send anything.

2 Likes

Ok how about a new take on this…
Since the agents of evil are preventing the delivery of the rewards in question maybe the powers that be can create a new online event to distract us from it all.
A Jackbox night, a watch-along, or even a new online discussion event would ease the pain of repeatedly visiting our empty mailboxes.
What do you think sirs?

5 Likes

lol I enjoyed the past Jackbox events though honestly I always feel like a snail amongst sportscars as they happen.

4 Likes

I got a cool shirt based on one of my suggestions after the first one. I’ll call that an “add-on” reward. And Kelsey drew it so as a crow fan that was epic.

5 Likes

I’ve laughed myself into gasping about-to-wet-‘em tears every time, even on rewatch!

5 Likes

I think the stream is a bit behind the actual game time…I have about 0.042 seconds to vote.

Solve this the way I do: By being extremely old and lame and living in the Eastern time zone. I’ve never seen one of these things live and “voting” is just a theory to me.

5 Likes

Alright that’s pretty funny :laughing:

3 Likes

I have a confession to make… I have no interest in Jackbox. Those are the only live events I skip.

6 Likes

I enjoy them live, but don’t rewatch. Also, I don’t buy the shirts because it always turns out that I’ve wasted my money on nonsense like food and water.

2 Likes

Same 'ere. Sorry, everyone.

2 Likes

Based on the Kickstarter info, the shipping info is handled by the warehouse, so until they decide to get off their butts there’s not a lot Alternatversal can do. It’s not like Joel and Ivan can grab some friends and head to the warehouse to start packaging things up. Just like when the line is long at McDonald’s, I can’t run into their kitchen and start cooking. Even if they clearly need the help.

I would assume this place will not be chosen for a future pledge drive, but that doesn’t really help with this one.

12 Likes

unfortunately this is the nature of the Kickstarter beast. My wife pledged to something not that long after the first MST campaign and is still yet to receive it. I also think about 80% of the things I’ve backed have arrived late. But the end is in sight.

5 Likes

I looked at the last jackbox thing but I couldn’t figure out what was going on so I peaced out. Everyone seemed to be having fun, though.

2 Likes

The dirty secret is that no one knows what’s going on. Not even the players. :wink:

2 Likes

Leaving aside the ethical ramifications of finding a team of volunteers willing to put in 40 hours a week packing boxes for zero compensation – not to mention the legal liability that would present – this plan would absolutely work in the event that no one cared whether all of a given backer’s rewards were addressed to the correct person, and carefully and professionally packed, or if we had no investment in whether snowglobes arrived in a thousand shattered pieces, or concession kits were crunched into unpopcorn-able or unbeverage-able shapes, or posters were neatly rolled into protective tubes and not crumpled, and so on.

It would work if anyone on our team had physical access to that huge commercial warehouse where all of these thousands and thousands of items have been hanging out in their boxes in storage since they first started to arrive there over several months last year. It would work if any of us was a licensed forklift operator. It would work if we could just chuck a few things in a USPS box, toss that box in the backseat of our personal vehicles, drive over to the post office, and bring that box to the counter and pay the flat rate, tens of thousands of times.

It would also work if USPS flat rate boxes were somehow serendipitously sized to the dimensions we require for every possible combination of the available physical rewards. The inside dimensions of the largest flat rate box measure 12″ x 12″ x 5 1/2″. That would fit some people’s rewards, sure, but a great many rewards combinations would not fit, certainly not while including a reasonable amount of packing material to protect those items from damage. Because of the volume of packages to be shipped, it may not be feasible to split the shipping across multiple services, as ultimately using one service often means getting a lower rate overall, which means everyone benefits from the savings. Perhaps this gives a little further context as to why shipping is complicated.

Also, with these numbers, it is inevitable that some things will break in transit, or a rare address might be incorrect, but we’d like to avoid that as much as possible, which is why this effort is farmed out to a warehouse that does professional shipping at this scale.

So, yes, if we had a huge team of unpaid volunteers, and didn’t care if everything arrived broken, and didn’t care if we overcharged everyone for shipping, or that we sent the right things to the correct addresses, most of the time… it could work. I don’t know a lot of the details about the specific warehouse and shipping company we are working with, as that’s not my professional area. But what I do know is that I would like my own rewards to be packed and shipped by people who have some kind of professional skill and attention to detail in doing so. Whether this warehouse meets that expectation remains to be seen, but I think our odds are greatly improved by going with a company that does shipping as a business.

My $0.02. Do with it what you will.

25 Likes